Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sunday morning is the WORST time to work in a restaurant. Yes, Church People....this is about YOU.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Is anyone else a server/waiter/waitress?...whatever the fuck you wanna call it nowadays.

I can't be the only one who has noticed that people's attitudes when they go out to eat after church, are fucking disgusting. I absolutely despise Sunday mornings. yes...the money is fucking great! Especially when I wear my crucifix necklace:) But the rudeness and complaining are just not worth it to me sometimes..lol.

****I'm aware  that there are plenty of church-goers that are kind and polite...I wait on some of those too...and you are awesome!!! Great tippers as well!!*****

As for the rest of you...yes, you picky, condescending, hypocritical assholes that come in and treat their server like shit, just because they know they can get away with it..since the "customer is always right"....*vomit*...please just fucking sleep in..instead of gettign up early for church. Maybe you will be in a better mood. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Replies (11-20):
Lizardannie1966
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:27 AM

I didn't suggest you were daft.

However, people do gather in large groups to go out to breakfast on a Sunday morning without ever stepping foot in a church beforehand. And many of them are dressed up just for fun.

*shrug Maybe it's time to find a new job. I was trying to nice.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL...because they come in..usually in large groups...and as a matter of fact...they DO have their Bibles in hand. A lot of folks do this. 

I'm not daft. 9 times out of 10...where I live...if you're dressed up on Sunday morning, going out to eat...you just got out of church..lol

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

You shouldn't be mistreated by anyone, no matter where you work.

But unless they're sitting there with their Bibles in front of them, how do you know all of the rude ones are the Christians coming in after Sunday morning services?

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:27 AM
I hate going out to eat right around the time church gets out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Oh, no.

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

Maybe your attitude has something to do with it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeahJ
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Uh. What? who gets dressed up on a Sunday morning "just for fun?" that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of! Lol.

Um, yeah. Daft, alright!

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

However, people do gather in large groups to go out to breakfast on a Sunday morning without ever stepping foot in a church beforehand. And many of them are dressed up just for fun.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL...because they come in..usually in large groups...and as a matter of fact...they DO have their Bibles in hand. A lot of folks do this. 

I'm not daft. 9 times out of 10...where I live...if you're dressed up on Sunday morning, going out to eat...you just got out of church..lol

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

But unless they're sitting there with their Bibles in front of them, how do you know all of the rude ones are the Christians coming in after Sunday morning services?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Nice try.but no. 

You don't get a job in a nice restaurant and keep it by having a shitty attitude at work. Any server will tell you that. My attitude at work is kind and serving..it makes me more money. So...um...I know it's not me:)

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:31 AM
I've heard this before from many of my friends who are/were servers. It makes me sad. I always try to be polite and nice to my server and I tip based on the quality of the service. I've seen it with my own eyes though and it makes me want to slap people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizardannie1966
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:33 AM

lol A lot of people get dressed up on a Sunday morning or just about any morning "just for fun." Not everyone wishes to go to a restaurant in practically their jammies and slippers just because it's a Sunday.

That "daft" thing has officially been epitomized.

Quoting LeahJ:

Uh. What? who gets dressed up on a Sunday morning "just for fun?" that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of! Lol.

Um, yeah. Daft, alright!

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Yep, I am one of the good church tippers. But I have seen them do it and it irks me too. I have seen them complain and nit pick about things there was nothing to be done about. Recently we were out with some people who wanted things done their way even though the restaurant was full to capacity. I was so embarrassed.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I rolled my eyes...I've been waiting for that exact comment. I guarantee it came from someone who is directly addressed in this post....lmao...if they only knew that the kitchen staff in most restaurants is like a little family. You fuck with one, you fuck with all. I don't personally EVER spit in or mangle with someone's food....but I'm not above letting someone else do it if you are really really nasty with me for no reason. 

Quoting winkyloafer:

Oh, no.

Quoting TeamTARDIS:

spotsmom
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Amen! (lol) Yes, you are right. I remember the Sunday morning shift as THE WORST! everything you've said were things I noticed, as well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN