Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sunday morning is the WORST time to work in a restaurant. Yes, Church People....this is about YOU.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Is anyone else a server/waiter/waitress?...whatever the fuck you wanna call it nowadays.

I can't be the only one who has noticed that people's attitudes when they go out to eat after church, are fucking disgusting. I absolutely despise Sunday mornings. yes...the money is fucking great! Especially when I wear my crucifix necklace:) But the rudeness and complaining are just not worth it to me sometimes..lol.

****I'm aware  that there are plenty of church-goers that are kind and polite...I wait on some of those too...and you are awesome!!! Great tippers as well!!*****

As for the rest of you...yes, you picky, condescending, hypocritical assholes that come in and treat their server like shit, just because they know they can get away with it..since the "customer is always right"....*vomit*...please just fucking sleep in..instead of gettign up early for church. Maybe you will be in a better mood. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:34 AM

YUP! I had one lady lecture me on working on "the sabbath"  Bitch, who do you think is getting your food??  Hypocritical much?

I cant tell you how many of these church diners tipped me with f*cking pamphlets.  PAMPHLETS??? I'm here to make money! If I wanted to hear about your god I wouldnt be here busting my butt!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:34 AM
All people are like that. I seriously doubt church has anything to do with it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Maybe they left those instead of money because of your sour attitude

Quoting Anonymous:

YUP! I had one lady lecture me on working on "the sabbath"  Bitch, who do you think is getting your food??  Hypocritical much?

I cant tell you how many of these church diners tipped me with f*cking pamphlets.  PAMPHLETS??? I'm here to make money! If I wanted to hear about your god I wouldnt be here busting my butt!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:36 AM
2 moms liked this

yes...a lot of people are like that...but not as a general rule during one single server shift. Sunday morning is THE worst. In any restaurant I've ever worked. 

Quoting Anonymous:

All people are like that. I seriously doubt church has anything to do with it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Well, I didnt have a sour attitude when I was serving them.  Sheesh!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:38 AM
When I regularly attended church I always avoided going out to eat after because of how rude the other patrons always were it really bothered me to see people act like that so if we went out on the weekends it was always Saturday brunch-ish time frame.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lizardannie1966
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:38 AM

You're dealing with Joe Public, who isn't always friendly and often doesn't have manners. It happens and yes, it sucks.

But it's OK for someone to actually do something as disgusting as spit or "mangle" with someone's food in your eyes because of it?

I am really curious who is going find THIS comment acceptable or funny.

Quoting Anonymous:

I rolled my eyes...I've been waiting for that exact comment. I guarantee it came from someone who is directly addressed in this post....lmao...if they only knew that the kitchen staff in most restaurants is like a little family. You fuck with one, you fuck with all. I don't personally EVER spit in or mangle with someone's food....but I'm not above letting someone else do it if you are really really nasty with me for no reason. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:38 AM
I work every Sunday morning but I have my regulars so i usually skip the church crowd. We add 18% to parties of 8 so ill take those because they have to tip. Luckily we aren't near a very religious area. In high school I worked at a breakfast/ lunch place across from a church and that was awful!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Not me but my DH does. He's a hibachi chef and can cook more tables Sunday lunch than he would on an entire weekday. He makes a decent salary and tips on weekends are usually pretty good. He has gotten side tiped $50-100 from cooking just one table but had some absolutely horrific customers. The worst are the late tables that come in the last 10-15 minutes before they close 2-4pm. That cuts into his break. He says it is often times the same customers too. He doesn't get paid more and doesn't get to take a full break. He detests his job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Actions speak louder than words

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, I didnt have a sour attitude when I was serving them.  Sheesh!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN