Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sunday morning is the WORST time to work in a restaurant. Yes, Church People....this is about YOU.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Is anyone else a server/waiter/waitress?...whatever the fuck you wanna call it nowadays.

I can't be the only one who has noticed that people's attitudes when they go out to eat after church, are fucking disgusting. I absolutely despise Sunday mornings. yes...the money is fucking great! Especially when I wear my crucifix necklace:) But the rudeness and complaining are just not worth it to me sometimes..lol.

****I'm aware  that there are plenty of church-goers that are kind and polite...I wait on some of those too...and you are awesome!!! Great tippers as well!!*****

As for the rest of you...yes, you picky, condescending, hypocritical assholes that come in and treat their server like shit, just because they know they can get away with it..since the "customer is always right"....*vomit*...please just fucking sleep in..instead of gettign up early for church. Maybe you will be in a better mood. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:50 AM
The only times I've been out to breakfast on a Sunday morning is at 2 am and maybe I'm dressed up but it's because I was dressed up for the bar lol.

Quoting LeahJ:

Okey doke. I can honestly say I've never known anyone to wake up on a Sunday morning (with the possible exception of a holiday) and say, "I know! Lets put on our nicest clothes, a jacket and tie, and hit the IHOP!" no, slippers and jammies aren't acceptable, but pearls and heels? Rofl. Riiiiight. Your theory is SOOOOO much more likely than they've just come from church.

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

lol A lot of people get dressed up on a Sunday morning or just about any morning "just for fun." Not everyone wishes to go to a restaurant in practically their jammies and slippers just because it's a Sunday.

That "daft" thing has officially been epitomized.

Quoting LeahJ:

Uh. What? who gets dressed up on a Sunday morning "just for fun?" that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of! Lol.

Um, yeah. Daft, alright!

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

I didn't suggest you were daft.

However, people do gather in large groups to go out to breakfast on a Sunday morning without ever stepping foot in a church beforehand. And many of them are dressed up just for fun.

*shrug Maybe it's time to find a new job. I was trying to nice.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL...because they come in..usually in large groups...and as a matter of fact...they DO have their Bibles in hand. A lot of folks do this. 

I'm not daft. 9 times out of 10...where I live...if you're dressed up on Sunday morning, going out to eat...you just got out of church..lol

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

You shouldn't be mistreated by anyone, no matter where you work.

But unless they're sitting there with their Bibles in front of them, how do you know all of the rude ones are the Christians coming in after Sunday morning services?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I love it...always have. BUT...that is because I love my boss and my co-workers. 

Quoting LucyMom08:

Horrible attitudes and tips...man, I do not miss serving, haha...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:51 AM
I got so tired of getting skimped on lemons that now I ask specifically for "4 or 5 lemon slices"

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree!! When a customer asks for lemon in MY restaurant...they get a freshly washed and sliced lemon...a whole one...all to themeselves:)

Quoting Anonymous:

"Extra lemons" doesn't mean 1 lemon. Or 2 tiny slices. So annoying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:52 AM

I would grab that kid by the throat. real talk.

Quoting winkyloafer:

When I waited tables, kids would actually go and take the tips off of tables that had just left and their parents did nothing about it. Ugh, I detested working Sundays.

Lizardannie1966
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:54 AM

A shit dick dripping his "man juice" into a bowl of clam chowder can also get ol' Jose to not only lose his job but possibly seen the closure of a restaurant, too.

This is sick.

So many people deal with the public from servers in restaurants, to cashiers at a grocery store to even health-care workers and every single one of them knows or should know that they'll deal with jerks from time to time.

It sucks and it's a rotten aspect of working in a career field that deals with the public regularly.

But those occasions do not require retaliation and especially something so disgusting.

I used to work in the restaurant industry many years ago and we dealt with a lot of rude customers. Never once would we have ever taken the risk that "Jose" would have. That's akin to seeing a lot of other worker's livelihood go down the shitter because someone pissed you off and you knowingly allowed another worker do something that should land his sorry ass in jail.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not working in a restaurant for fun. It is my JOB. It's how I help support my family. 

With that said...if you come into MY workplace..where I am doing EVERYTHING I can to make your meal as wonderful as possible...which is MY job..and you decide to be an asshole...and then complain on me just to get me introuble because you don't like my tattoo (true story)...then yes, i will fucking let Jose drip his man juice in your clam chowder if I want. You don't fuck with someone's job, unless they are harming you by doing their job. A complaint made to the wrong manager...etc in a restaurant can get a good server fired just because of a managers bad mood. This happens. trust me. 

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

You're dealing with Joe Public, who isn't always friendly and often doesn't have manners. It happens and yes, it sucks.

But it's OK for someone to actually do something as disgusting as spit or "mangle" with someone's food in your eyes because of it?

I am really curious who is going find THIS comment acceptable or funny.

Quoting Anonymous:

I rolled my eyes...I've been waiting for that exact comment. I guarantee it came from someone who is directly addressed in this post....lmao...if they only knew that the kitchen staff in most restaurants is like a little family. You fuck with one, you fuck with all. I don't personally EVER spit in or mangle with someone's food....but I'm not above letting someone else do it if you are really really nasty with me for no reason. 

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:54 AM
I put in a decade...that was enough for me...I can fake it like a pro ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

I love it...always have. BUT...that is because I love my boss and my co-workers. 

Quoting LucyMom08:

Horrible attitudes and tips...man, I do not miss serving, haha...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZsMommy
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Well we go to an evening service and it's only the 3 of us in our family and ours is a relaxed dressed church-so you wouldn't even know we just came from church. If we do stop for a bite-we treat our servers with the same politeness we would any other day of the week.

lilredrosetears
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:57 AM
I use to work at olive garden anyways I remember when the red hat club would come in,those notches are the cheapest people I've ever seen,lucky if you got a dollar a piece,and you would have to run like hell for them...gag.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:57 AM
I work Sundays, but we don't really get a big church crowd. More of the "give me a bloody Mary" crowd. And they are great tippers! I still wish I didn't work that day. It's kind of boring...
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:58 AM

You fuck with my job, you are officially fair game. Don't be intentionally nasty to your servers and it won't happen. I deeply appreciate the "morals" lesson...but I'm good. I will handle it from here. Jose says hello:)

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

A shit dick dripping his "man juice" into a bowl of clam chowder can also get ol' Jose to not only lose his job but possibly seen the closure of a restaurant, too.

This is sick.

So many people deal with the public from servers in restaurants, to cashiers at a grocery store to even health-care workers and every single one of them knows or should know that they'll deal with jerks from time to time.

It sucks and it's a rotten aspect of working in a career field that deals with the public regularly.

But those occasions do not require retaliation and especially something so disgusting.

I used to work in the restaurant industry many years ago and we dealt with a lot of rude customers. Never once would we have ever taken the risk that "Jose" would have. That's akin to seeing a lot of other worker's livelihood go down the shitter because someone pissed you off and you knowingly allowed another worker do something that should land his sorry ass in jail.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not working in a restaurant for fun. It is my JOB. It's how I help support my family. 

With that said...if you come into MY workplace..where I am doing EVERYTHING I can to make your meal as wonderful as possible...which is MY job..and you decide to be an asshole...and then complain on me just to get me introuble because you don't like my tattoo (true story)...then yes, i will fucking let Jose drip his man juice in your clam chowder if I want. You don't fuck with someone's job, unless they are harming you by doing their job. A complaint made to the wrong manager...etc in a restaurant can get a good server fired just because of a managers bad mood. This happens. trust me. 

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

You're dealing with Joe Public, who isn't always friendly and often doesn't have manners. It happens and yes, it sucks.

But it's OK for someone to actually do something as disgusting as spit or "mangle" with someone's food in your eyes because of it?

I am really curious who is going find THIS comment acceptable or funny.

Quoting Anonymous:

I rolled my eyes...I've been waiting for that exact comment. I guarantee it came from someone who is directly addressed in this post....lmao...if they only knew that the kitchen staff in most restaurants is like a little family. You fuck with one, you fuck with all. I don't personally EVER spit in or mangle with someone's food....but I'm not above letting someone else do it if you are really really nasty with me for no reason. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)