Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you let your pets sleep in your bed??

Posted by   + Show Post
I have 3 dogs- a chihuahua, a weiner dog, and a golden retriever... The 2 little dogs sleep in my bed and they're bed hogs I swear... The chihuahua is at my feet and the wiener dog has to sleep between Dh and I...
The golden retriever is pretty much my daughters dog and he sleeps in her bed.. We actually had to buy her a full size bed because he is so big he would push her out of bed at night... He has to have a pillow and be covered up or he won't settle down and go to sleep.....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Replies (21-30):
kameronsmommy08
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, my 85lbs boxer takes up a lot of dang room. 

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:47 AM
No way. My cat goes in the laundry room because she loses her mind at night. My dog goes in her crate in the office. They are both welcome to nap with us during the day though.
beachbeauty
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:48 AM

We have two dogs, a German Shepherd and a smaller mutt.  The smaller one we found on the side of the road and she was only about 4 weeks old so she slept with me for warmth for awhile.  Then I crate trained her and she slept there at night.  Now my DH has come home from a deployment and messed up her routine so she cries if she can't sleep with me so I let her.  The German Shepherd however likes sleeping in her crate thank goodness.

luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:48 AM
To mean the stuff that they already wiped off on the floors the minute they walk in the door from outside?

Quoting manicMOM_DLC:

i think thats gross.

seriously.

but I wont get in my bed unless I've showered and put on clean clothes. 

what if they get fleas?  or bring in bed bugs.  or track in something nasty on their paws? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Yep my American Eskimo sleeps in the bed. Usually above my head on the pillow or between mine or DHs feet. When we had our German shepherd he slept on the bed, too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:49 AM

I'm sitting on my bed w/a kitty snoozin' on my lap right now!

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I dont "let" as much as I gave up with the cats.

The ferret, a solid no.  She thinks its playtime at ridiculous hours and burrows under my bottoms sheet, headbutting me to try and get me to play.  She bites my toes because apparently the squealing noise I make is great and licks my eyelids.  My bed is a ferret free zone.

diana1481
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, they are awesome to sleep with on cold nights lol.
rkkeller13
by Kristy on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:51 AM
My Malti-poo is currently sleeping in my bed cause the laundry room where his kennel is gets really cold in the winter. So during the winter he sleeps with me at night. Once it warms up he will go back to his kennel for bed. And to keep him used to the kennel we lock him up when we leave the house, cause if we don't he gets into the garbage.
hlzcmjzajz
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes to the dog, no to the cat. Our cocker spaniel used to sleep on our bed but now he sleeps with our 5 yo ds. The cat has her own bed in the basement because she claws the furniture if we let her in the house at night...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)