Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a dental assistant ...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ask me anything?

shackelford8610... Wont let me switch to my name and take anon off! ;-(

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:24 AM

I do... I do anterior root canals all the time. whats up?

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you know anything about root canals in the front teeth?

Quoting Anonymous:

ummm no lol I went to school for 2 years, he went fo 4-6 lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you know as much as the dentist?

shudderette
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:27 AM

my dhs teeth are really bad. I forced him to go to the dentist when I found out he hadn't been since he was a child. he needed something like 23 fillings. several we had pulled because they were so bad. losing the 3 back tteeth on bottom left is what worries me the most. my question is, does he need to replace those teeth with something? Will the gum line retract? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:29 AM

why does my son's teeth suck so horribly?

he's 7 and has like 9 cavities already.

possible genetics? on his dad's side, everyone loses the majority of their teeth by 30 years old. grandma has like 4 teeth left (they need to be pulled)... his dad had 2 teeth pulled, 3 more need to be pulled, and the rest are... well, really bad. yellow or black, chips coming off, etc... same with his sister (ex is 26. sister is 23).... ds's younger sister (same dad, different moms) was 4 years old when she had 5 teeth pulled b/c they were so bad.

is this genetics?! or hygiene? we brush, floss and attempt to use the mouth wash (he doesnt like that so much-- maybe 3 times a week?). any advice for me? all his dentist say is that he'll grow out of it. all his current caps are his baby teeth- but i do NOT want this to continue to his adult teeth

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:30 AM

How long ago were they extracted? Did they by chance put any bone or membrane down there when extracting them? I would suggest that he look into getting an implant with an attached three unit bridge. so that way his bite isnt off or for cosmetic purposes. He may grind down the right side seeing how he has no teeth on the lower left. ;-/

Quoting shudderette:

my dhs teeth are really bad. I forced him to go to the dentist when I found out he hadn't been since he was a child. he needed something like 23 fillings. several we had pulled because they were so bad. losing the 3 back tteeth on bottom left is what worries me the most. my question is, does he need to replace those teeth with something? Will the gum line retract? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:30 AM
It's recommended I get one. However, I have short roots and very little bone holding the tooth in place. The tooth is also loose.
Anyway, my concern with the root canal, is the tooth becoming more loose. My other question is, is it true that killing the root, will cause the tooth to become more brittle?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:31 AM

aha! tooth fairy must've been BROKE when that happened!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it normal for an almost 7 year old to have 6 teeth fall out in 7 months?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:32 AM

He will most ikely grow out of it however it is genetics in most cases.

Quoting Anonymous:

why does my son's teeth suck so horribly?

he's 7 and has like 9 cavities already.

possible genetics? on his dad's side, everyone loses the majority of their teeth by 30 years old. grandma has like 4 teeth left (they need to be pulled)... his dad had 2 teeth pulled, 3 more need to be pulled, and the rest are... well, really bad. yellow or black, chips coming off, etc... same with his sister (ex is 26. sister is 23).... ds's younger sister (same dad, different moms) was 4 years old when she had 5 teeth pulled b/c they were so bad.

is this genetics?! or hygiene? we brush, floss and attempt to use the mouth wash (he doesnt like that so much-- maybe 3 times a week?). any advice for me? all his dentist say is that he'll grow out of it. all his current caps are his baby teeth- but i do NOT want this to continue to his adult teeth

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:33 AM

honestly we dont recommended root canals only because they dont last as long. I recommend an implant honestly. If you have insurance and the money than go for an implant. You will be soooo happy with the outcome, it will NOT come loose

Quoting Anonymous:

It's recommended I get one. However, I have short roots and very little bone holding the tooth in place. The tooth is also loose.
Anyway, my concern with the root canal, is the tooth becoming more loose. My other question is, is it true that killing the root, will cause the tooth to become more brittle?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

mommy2lexinmark
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:34 AM
How can u stand being all up in people's mouths??! Eww that's soo gross to me, funky teeth and raunchy breath blah
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:36 AM

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE dental!!! I wear a mask so I dont smell much! lol

Quoting mommy2lexinmark:

How can u stand being all up in people's mouths??! Eww that's sooi gross to me, funky teeth and raunchy breath blah

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN