Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a dental assistant ...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ask me anything?

shackelford8610... Wont let me switch to my name and take anon off! ;-(

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Replies (31-40):
shudderette
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:37 AM

would he be better off getting them all pulled and getting dentures? (ugh, he's 25 for goodness sakes)

as far as I know they did not put anything in there when the took them out. he had 2 of them pulled last week and the other was maybe Oct. Sept.

Quoting Anonymous:

How long ago were they extracted? Did they by chance put any bone or membrane down there when extracting them? I would suggest that he look into getting an implant with an attached three unit bridge. so that way his bite isnt off or for cosmetic purposes. He may grind down the right side seeing how he has no teeth on the lower left. ;-/

Quoting shudderette:

my dhs teeth are really bad. I forced him to go to the dentist when I found out he hadn't been since he was a child. he needed something like 23 fillings. several we had pulled because they were so bad. losing the 3 back tteeth on bottom left is what worries me the most. my question is, does he need to replace those teeth with something? Will the gum line retract? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Yes. His most recent was lost Christmas Eve, right before bed.
He also has ANOTHER tooth that is wiggly. All I can think is "slow down!" lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

aha! tooth fairy must've been BROKE when that happened!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it normal for an almost 7 year old to have 6 teeth fall out in 7 months?

Skybabe
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Okay! Do you get free dental work? LOL

Seriously though, how long did school take? You have to have a degree or can you get a certificate? Is it hard or easy to do? Is there a great need for dental assistants?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Thank you. I need a bone graph for that. : /

What are your thoughts on a partial? I hate the thought of one, but the bone graph sounds terrible.

Quoting Anonymous:

honestly we dont recommended root canals only because they dont last as long. I recommend an implant honestly. If you have insurance and the money than go for an implant. You will be soooo happy with the outcome, it will NOT come loose

Quoting Anonymous:

It's recommended I get one. However, I have short roots and very little bone holding the tooth in place. The tooth is also loose.
Anyway, my concern with the root canal, is the tooth becoming more loose. My other question is, is it true that killing the root, will cause the tooth to become more brittle?

Quoting Anonymous:

I do... I do anterior root canals all the time. whats up?

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you know anything about root canals in the front teeth?

Quoting Anonymous:

ummm no lol I went to school for 2 years, he went fo 4-6 lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you know as much as the dentist?

JenW777
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I had some teeth filled last week (back right) and they used like 8 shots to keep me numb.  Ever since they filled them I've had a massive earache.  Normal or am I gonna die?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:43 AM
What do you think about the one year dental assistant program some places have? How much did it cost and was it hard?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:35 AM
He could have allergies that is making him have bad breath.

Quoting 428:

thanks, I dont know why that was anon btw. 

Quoting Anonymous:

bad breath can be caused from food, but like you said he brushes and flosses. So it sounds to me like you need to take him to the dentist to get some xrays... sounds like some sort of infections going on. He shouldnt loose his first molars till he is 10-12. So he still has a few years ;-)

Quoting Anonymous:

my son always has bad breath even though he brushes 2x daily and flosses as well.  Is this a dental issue or a medical issue?

Also, his molars still havent fallen out and he's 7.  normal?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:06 AM
Why is it when I go to the dentist and my face is obviously swollen and I'm in a lot of pain they always poke really really hard with those metal picks? And we are always told heavier use metal on your teeth but the dentists use them?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Him having just got 2 done, you should talk to the dentist about implants

Quoting shudderette:

would he be better off getting them all pulled and getting dentures? (ugh, he's 25 for goodness sakes)

as far as I know they did not put anything in there when the took them out. he had 2 of them pulled last week and the other was maybe Oct. Sept.

Quoting Anonymous:

How long ago were they extracted? Did they by chance put any bone or membrane down there when extracting them? I would suggest that he look into getting an implant with an attached three unit bridge. so that way his bite isnt off or for cosmetic purposes. He may grind down the right side seeing how he has no teeth on the lower left. ;-/

Quoting shudderette:

my dhs teeth are really bad. I forced him to go to the dentist when I found out he hadn't been since he was a child. he needed something like 23 fillings. several we had pulled because they were so bad. losing the 3 back tteeth on bottom left is what worries me the most. my question is, does he need to replace those teeth with something? Will the gum line retract? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)