Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Doctor in the AM or ER now?---Updated with PIC **kinda gross**--UPDATE #2

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 179 Replies
2 moms liked this

Poll

Question: ER now or Doctor AM?

Options:

ER

Doctor (if I can get an appt. tomorrow)

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 157

View Results

Update #2:

Just got home. The doctor didn't do a culture, which I found a little odd but whatever. She said it was cellulitis but without a culture, she really doesn't know. Anyways, she just poked around it with her finger and gave me some antibiotics (Clyndamycin) and told me to keep a hot compress on it to draw it out and form a head. I want to try and pop it so badly, it's that wicked pressure that you know something is in there that wants to come out. LAWD!

Anyways, I doubled up on my antibiotic and I'm hoping not only will it take away this damn alien (who btw a few nurses' in the ER named, Bob), and will get rid of this cold and cough I've been having.

I still have a pretty bad headache, so I'm going to take some motrin, eat something and go lay down with a compress for a little while, until it's time to get DS up for school.

Thank you all for your well wishes.

I'll keep updating with pictures...because I know you all are weird like that.

I'm on the way now. I'll update when I get there. 

Totally NOT life threatening but one of those things that'll make you go, hmmmm?

For starters, I'm not the one who likes doctors and certainly do not like to waste ER resources for nothing so hear me out.

I have this GOD AWFUL pimple....at least that's what I thought it was earlier today.

I have a picking disorder and I pick in my sleep. I guess I picked this bump that was what I thought a pimple. I woke up this morning and this area was painful to the touch, in fact, I woke up because I laid my head on the pillow on that side of my face and it was that tender.

I've been babying it all day. I've been doing peroxide, washing my face, making sure I don't touch it, aspirin paste on it, ice, heat...the works.

Here's the problem....

At this point, it's definitely NOT a pimple. The swelling is FAR worse than it was at any point today. It's so swollen in fact, I can see part of my face in my peripheral vision on the bottom, so much so that it's in that line of sight.

It's extremely painful. Just moving my face hurts. I felt where the redness is and it's knot all the way around it. The swelling and redness has spread. It's literally throbbing and making me have a toothache and a headache all at the same time....I know super weird.

I don't know what to do. I'm kind of afraid some bacteria got into it last night while I was picking it *subconsciously mind you* and now I have a MRSA infection on my fucking face.

I figured I'd ask you lovely ladies.

Where it's red....it's a solid knot.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Sounds like it could be staph...I say er because that can spread fast and it has gotten into your tooth...oh my..hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
You will be waiting for hours if you go to the ER for that. Just start calling your doctor in the morning as soon as they open. Put gloves on tonight before you go to sleep and make sure you cleaned your face and your pillow before you lay down tonight.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:03 AM

The way it's spread in the last hour is what made me think I should go tonight.

Quoting angie729:

Sounds like it could be staph...I say er because that can spread fast and it has gotten into your tooth...oh my..hope you feel better soon.

i.love.my.life
by Arika on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Staph. MRSA which is a worse form of Staph. Could be turning into cellulitis. I would go in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:04 AM
At first I thought "doctor in am", but as I kept reading I'm thinking ER!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:04 AM

I'll take a pic.

superm0m877
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:05 AM

i think you should go in

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:06 AM
2 moms liked this
OMG. I'm not ever one to scream ER, but you sound like you have facial cellulitis. I only know this because I got it about a year ago and my symptoms were EXACTLY what you just described. It will only get worse, WAY worse. You need to go to the ER asap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie729
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Yes that too. When my son had staph the Dr said if it swelled up go to the er. It did that night so I took him. I think you need to go to the er.

Quoting Anonymous:

The way it's spread in the last hour is what made me think I should go tonight.

Quoting angie729:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)