Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

your mutt is not a purebred. edit to add

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And giving it a cute name like malti-poo or labradoodle or puggle won't change that.  It's a mix breed, pure and simple.  Probably from some backyard breeder or puppy mill.  Yea, yea  some people rescue and blah blah, but a vast majority of these so called hybrids are from puppy mills and backyard breeders.

It pisses me off.  It shows your ignorance.

http://shibashake.com/dog/truth-designer-dogs-hybrid-dog

"There is now a backlash against designer dogs or hybrid dogs because they have become very popular and are now a big money making business.

This has attracted many unscrupulous breeders, including puppy mills and backyard breeders who are only in it to make money from us.

These puppy factories often keep their dogs in harsh and cruel conditions, and only use them as puppy producers.

They do not care to health test or temperament test their dogs. As a result, the puppies produced inherit the health and temperament issues of their parents. These puppies then turn up in pet stores or online stores."

"Therefore, designer dogs are not automatically bad and there is nothing wrong with them as long as they are properly bred."

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Replies (11-20):
Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:22 AM
STFU- I love my Maltipoo.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:23 AM

i dont care what you think about my puggle..he was rescued and about to be put down at 4 months old..best dog in the world..he is good with my kids, my nephews, and everyone else that comes into my home..get off your high horse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Do you really think those names are trying to make them purebrds?  I have had mixed breeds and I use their breed names to indicate to others what kind of pooch it is. It is purely descriptive.  There is a big difference between a puggle and a scottie-poo if you are talking to someone who knows about dog breeds.  Are you feeling a bit hateful because you have purebreds and believe them to be somehow "better"?

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:23 AM

I have a boxer and it is considered a pure bred and it is a mix between the English bulldog and the Bullenbeisser.

jacandjay
I have a mut and she is the best dog ever!
tnvplus2
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Feel better now? Want a cookie?
jacandjay

Here she is..
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:24 AM

i have a chiweenie. its easier than saying a chihuahua dachshund mix.

i got her from the pound.

i hope i meet your standards.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:24 AM

not saying mutts arent good dogs, they are. But just call them what they are, why give them special names and pretend like theyre a breed when they arent?

Backyard breeders and mills cross breed and make up names to generate interest to be the next new thing.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I had a Chihuahua a peekapoo a pit a weenie dog and a yorkie.

I dgaf what anyone thinks. I loves my mutt as much as my purebreds and he lived a long happy life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Boxador,ugh...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)