Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

your mutt is not a purebred. edit to add

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And giving it a cute name like malti-poo or labradoodle or puggle won't change that.  It's a mix breed, pure and simple.  Probably from some backyard breeder or puppy mill.  Yea, yea  some people rescue and blah blah, but a vast majority of these so called hybrids are from puppy mills and backyard breeders.

It pisses me off.  It shows your ignorance.

http://shibashake.com/dog/truth-designer-dogs-hybrid-dog

"There is now a backlash against designer dogs or hybrid dogs because they have become very popular and are now a big money making business.

This has attracted many unscrupulous breeders, including puppy mills and backyard breeders who are only in it to make money from us.

These puppy factories often keep their dogs in harsh and cruel conditions, and only use them as puppy producers.

They do not care to health test or temperament test their dogs. As a result, the puppies produced inherit the health and temperament issues of their parents. These puppies then turn up in pet stores or online stores."

"Therefore, designer dogs are not automatically bad and there is nothing wrong with them as long as they are properly bred."

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:27 AM

why is about to be put down?  Health issues?  I dont think pure breds are better.  

Quoting Anonymous:

i dont care what you think about my puggle..he was rescued and about to be put down at 4 months old..best dog in the world..he is good with my kids, my nephews, and everyone else that comes into my home..get off your high horse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:28 AM

shes a cutie.  Where did you get her?

Quoting jacandjay:

Here she is..

Uhura
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:28 AM

*bred

Yes, they were. However, actually trying to achieve something. Not just slapping some cutesy-name on it and tossing it out there for the public.

I understand whre OP is coming from, though I'm not near as angry as she is about it. 

Quoting mommamaggi:

You do realize that most "pure breeds" were bread from two or more breeds at one point, right?

Quoting Anonymous:

not saying mutts arent good dogs, they are. But just call them what they are, why give them special names and pretend like theyre a breed when they arent?

Backyard breeders and mills cross breed and make up names to generate interest to be the next new thing.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I had a Chihuahua a peekapoo a pit a weenie dog and a yorkie.

I dgaf what anyone thinks. I loves my mutt as much as my purebreds and he lived a long happy life.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:29 AM

his time was up in the shelter..some shelters around here only allow pets to be in there for the max of 30 days..sometimes less..he is perfectly healthly he is a little over a year old now..and the best dog we could ever have.

Quoting Anonymous:

why is about to be put down?  Health issues?  I dont think pure breds are better.  

Quoting Anonymous:

i dont care what you think about my puggle..he was rescued and about to be put down at 4 months old..best dog in the world..he is good with my kids, my nephews, and everyone else that comes into my home..get off your high horse.

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Lmao I promise not all of us white people are this high strung and crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

It shows YOUR ignorance that you allow something this silly to make you this angry. Please....do go on to tell us what else makes you angry.

Pfft. This is what my friends at work call "White People Problems"....lmao

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jacandjay
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:29 AM
A friend of mine... who got her from amish people

Quoting Anonymous:

shes a cutie.  Where did you get her?

Quoting jacandjay:

Here she is..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:29 AM
I agree. It's so stupid to me how people can mate two dog breeds, combine the breed names... and sell them for hundreds of dollars. People are so gullible.
jacandjay
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:29 AM
This is true

Quoting mrsrodgers0703:

Lmao I promise not all of us white people are this high strung and crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

It shows YOUR ignorance that you allow something this silly to make you this angry. Please....do go on to tell us what else makes you angry.

Pfft. This is what my friends at work call "White People Problems"....lmao

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:29 AM

That is the point I am making.  That and the designer breed fad making mills and backyard breeders at an all time high

Quoting Uhura:

I do agree with you to a point, the designer breeds are a mess when it comes to actually educating the public about real breeds. 

The labradoodle and the goldendoodle were actually being developed as real breeds, by good breeders. They just got taken over by the bad breeders..with really shitty names.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured