Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

your mutt is not a purebred. edit to add

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And giving it a cute name like malti-poo or labradoodle or puggle won't change that.  It's a mix breed, pure and simple.  Probably from some backyard breeder or puppy mill.  Yea, yea  some people rescue and blah blah, but a vast majority of these so called hybrids are from puppy mills and backyard breeders.

It pisses me off.  It shows your ignorance.

http://shibashake.com/dog/truth-designer-dogs-hybrid-dog

"There is now a backlash against designer dogs or hybrid dogs because they have become very popular and are now a big money making business.

This has attracted many unscrupulous breeders, including puppy mills and backyard breeders who are only in it to make money from us.

These puppy factories often keep their dogs in harsh and cruel conditions, and only use them as puppy producers.

They do not care to health test or temperament test their dogs. As a result, the puppies produced inherit the health and temperament issues of their parents. These puppies then turn up in pet stores or online stores."

"Therefore, designer dogs are not automatically bad and there is nothing wrong with them as long as they are properly bred."

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:30 AM

yup, I do.  By responsible breeders who had a care for lines and health.  Not for profit and how many they could churn out

Quoting mommamaggi:

You do realize that most "pure breeds" were bread from two or more breeds at one point, right?

Quoting Anonymous:

not saying mutts arent good dogs, they are. But just call them what they are, why give them special names and pretend like theyre a breed when they arent?

Backyard breeders and mills cross breed and make up names to generate interest to be the next new thing.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I had a Chihuahua a peekapoo a pit a weenie dog and a yorkie.

I dgaf what anyone thinks. I loves my mutt as much as my purebreds and he lived a long happy life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Some one has no life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Ive been in puppy mills, and seen them first hand Maybe why Im all "blah i be crazy!" about it.  

Quoting Uhura:

*bred

Yes, they were. However, actually trying to achieve something. Not just slapping some cutesy-name on it and tossing it out there for the public.

I understand whre OP is coming from, though I'm not near as angry as she is about it. 

Quoting mommamaggi:

You do realize that most "pure breeds" were bread from two or more breeds at one point, right?

Quoting Anonymous:

not saying mutts arent good dogs, they are. But just call them what they are, why give them special names and pretend like theyre a breed when they arent?

Backyard breeders and mills cross breed and make up names to generate interest to be the next new thing.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I dgaf what anyone thinks. I loves my mutt as much as my purebreds and he lived a long happy life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:32 AM
It's an effin DOG call it Poopsicle to hell with the breed!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol...I'm white too. I have a lot of co-workers who are of a different race. This post made me laugh...and it will make them laugh when I tell them about it at work tomorrow too. ha ha

Quoting mrsrodgers0703:

Lmao I promise not all of us white people are this high strung and crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

It shows YOUR ignorance that you allow something this silly to make you this angry. Please....do go on to tell us what else makes you angry.

Pfft. This is what my friends at work call "White People Problems"....lmao

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:32 AM

I'm tempted to make a "bitchy" pun here, but i'm too tired.

ATG499
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:34 AM
You can find those in rescues. My mutt is a rescue from a crappy situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Im glad you rescued him, I hope his health continues to thrive.  If he was from a responsible breeder originally, they would have had a no shelter clause.  That's part of the issue I have with all these designer breeds.  They exploded in popularity and more and more irresponsible people started breeding them in poor conditions and seliing them not caring how many they are putting out or who they are going to.  It all contribute to the homelessness of so many dogs, and the terrible conditions the parents of these puppies live in.

Quoting Anonymous:

his time was up in the shelter..some shelters around here only allow pets to be in there for the max of 30 days..sometimes less..he is perfectly healthly he is a little over a year old now..and the best dog we could ever have.

Quoting Anonymous:

why is about to be put down?  Health issues?  I dont think pure breds are better.  

Quoting Anonymous:

i dont care what you think about my puggle..he was rescued and about to be put down at 4 months old..best dog in the world..he is good with my kids, my nephews, and everyone else that comes into my home..get off your high horse.

SLMitchell
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:35 AM

mommamaggi
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Thank you for the correction, late nights aren't kind to me. 

I don't think she actually understands this though. She's acting as though she believes that "mixed breed" dogs are just mutts, but there is a science to these breeds and they are bred for a reason, whether aesthetic or to foster specific skills.

Quoting Uhura:

*bred

Yes, they were. However, actually trying to achieve something. Not just slapping some cutesy-name on it and tossing it out there for the public.

I understand whre OP is coming from, though I'm not near as angry as she is about it. 

Quoting mommamaggi:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting BraydensMama163:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN