Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have herpes

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And I wish my husband would understand that when i have a rare break out that it takes a few days and it is hurtful. Does anyone deal with this and how can i explain to make him understand its painful and it hard to even want to have sex. He's all shity this morning because he hasn't gotten sex in 5 days. Well i was on my period and then broke out.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
Shaybay218
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Hope you get better soon...I hear it's no joke!

hehehe
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:49 AM

so he doesn't care if he gets infected? He sounds very insensitive and selfish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Gross!
Mrs.Blake12
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Ummm he does realize your doing him a favor by not having sex since he could get it right?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:52 AM
I hope you dont mind, I just wanted to share a little about my experience with herpes. The very 1st time I had an outbreak it was HORRIBLE. TONS of blisters, the urgent care dr even told me I most likely even had 1 or 2 INSIDE my urethra, ugh! After that I broke out fairly often, maybe 4 to 6 times a year. Then, like you, I started getting it almost monthly and it was usually right after I STARTED my period, not after. Herpe sores need to stay as dry as possible to heal faster. I finally said Screw this, told my dr. I was SO sick of it. She put me on a daily "maintenance" pill, I think at that time it was the Zovirax. I took just 1 pill every single day for 4 or 5 yrs and I didnt even have 1 outbreak during that entire time. It was awesome. Also, the less outbreaks we have, the lesser the chance of us accidentally giving this to our man. You may have already known about the taking 1 pill a day to prevent, or at least lessen the intensity, outbreaks. Just wanted to share this in case you DIDNT know. Hugs!

Quoting Anonymous:

I break out every month when I get my period, I deal with the same thing.. dh doesn't understand how painful it is, but he doesn't get upset like he use to, he just asks if we can do it yet. lollol

I hate this plague I'm cursed with... I was raped and contracted it after it happened, I found out when dh and I were dating and I was afraid he would leave me. it's a constant reminder of what happened and something I am stuck with for life, it took a very long time for me to accept it and be able to talk about it.... I didn't break out at all for years and now it's monthly... as far as we know he doesn't have it, if he does he doesn't break out.... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Maybe in a few years he will to. Lol i will spend loss of time sexing him when I'm better.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so sorry to hear that. I how mine gets to that point to. If he said can we have it yet that would be much better than him making med feel guilty about it. And that's how it feels. I've had it for over 10 years and i was the same it took me a long time to accept and talk about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I break out every month when I get my period, I deal with the same thing.. dh doesn't understand how painful it is, but he doesn't get upset like he use to, he just asks if we can do it yet. lollol

I hate this plague I'm cursed with... I was raped and contracted it after it happened, I found out when dh and I were dating and I was afraid he would leave me. it's a constant reminder of what happened and something I am stuck with for life, it took a very long time for me to accept it and be able to talk about it.... I didn't break out at all for years and now it's monthly... as far as we know he doesn't have it, if he does he doesn't break out.... 

yeah I'm thankful he realized I wasn't trying to get out of it or whatever... he use to make me feel bad, on top of having an outbreak it wasn't a good time... I make it up to him by giving him lots of lovin when I feel better..... I use to break out on my leg, didn't have vaginal outbreaks until about 5 years ago, it took awhile before he got off my back.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:54 AM
I take pills everyday to.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope you dont mind, I just wanted to share a little about my experience with herpes. The very 1st time I had an outbreak it was HORRIBLE. TONS of blisters, the urgent care dr even told me I most likely even had 1 or 2 INSIDE my urethra, ugh! After that I broke out fairly often, maybe 4 to 6 times a year. Then, like you, I started getting it almost monthly and it was usually right after I STARTED my period, not after. Herpe sores need to stay as dry as possible to heal faster. I finally said Screw this, told my dr. I was SO sick of it. She put me on a daily "maintenance" pill, I think at that time it was the Zovirax. I took just 1 pill every single day for 4 or 5 yrs and I didnt even have 1 outbreak during that entire time. It was awesome. Also, the less outbreaks we have, the lesser the chance of us accidentally giving this to our man. You may have already known about the taking 1 pill a day to prevent, or at least lessen the intensity, outbreaks. Just wanted to share this in case you DIDNT know. Hugs!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:58 AM
It is gross but a lot of people live with it

Quoting Anonymous:

Gross!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:59 AM
He just wants it, i don't think he wants it while I'm on a breakout its just annoying to hear about it and how he needs it.

Quoting hehehe:

so he doesn't care if he gets infected? He sounds very insensitive and selfish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Thank you its so painful when you get a breakout

Quoting Shaybay218:

Hope you get better soon...I hear it's no joke!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)