Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Where's my refund? UPDATE!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My refund was in my account this morning when I got up.  Has anyone else gotten theirs?

It's up and running this morning! 

Mine was accepted early on the 24th (apparently, I was in that early batch) and it will be deposited to my bank on 2/1/13!  Yay!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Replies (111-120):
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Our state, MA, and IL where my parents live, weren't accepting taxes until today. What state do you live in that they processed them early? I am jealous! (Our state tax did get accepted early, but the federal is still pending)

OxbAbIebxO
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Mine was accepted yesterday.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I work for the IRS. The reason they aren't accepting returns until today is because the fiscal cliff caused paperwork to be changed.
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Ok gotcha. It's still better than the old system

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't say.  I have heard that it could be in less than 48 hours, but who knows. It's really all just speculation at this point.  They will be deposited anytime, not just once a week this year.

Quoting Aslen:

Right.... But with this new system.... Will people get their refunds 24 hours after acceptance?

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine was accepted on the 24th.  I was in the batch of 500,000 that they ran early.

Quoting Aslen:

So you get your refund 24 hours after it's accepted?

Quoting Anonymous:

The IRS, it's the new modified e-file system.  It's more efficient.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

What new system? With the irs or with whatever website you used?

Quoting Anonymous:

It should be soon then!  This new system releases them to your bank 24/7 so there is no waiting on a cycle.

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

Mine was accepted this morning...oh well

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tossed
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:25 PM

If you claim an education credit of any kind, the return will not be processed until the middle of February. Yes, found that out after claiming the credit for a small amount. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I live in Florida, I don't pay state.  It was my federal that was accepted.

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

Our state, MA, and IL where my parents live, weren't accepting taxes until today. What state do you live in that they processed them early? I am jealous! (Our state tax did get accepted early, but the federal is still pending)

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Oh I see. I used to live in Florida, Fort Myers to be exact. I am glad to have state tax now. I am getting $1200 back JUST from state tax.

Quoting Anonymous:

I live in Florida, I don't pay state.  It was my federal that was accepted.

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM

There were some accepted early to test the system, though.  According to the refund line, mine says it will be deposited on the 1st.

Quoting Anonymous:

I work for the IRS. The reason they aren't accepting returns until today is because the fiscal cliff caused paperwork to be changed.

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Cool, lucky you!

skinsfan26
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:33 PM

mine was accepted on the 24th also. mine still says i have to wait 24 hours for it to tell me dep. info

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)