Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I made a little mistake and now he is not talking to me :( Edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I accidentally paid one to many bills this week and figured out early this morning that unless we deposit $70 into our checking first thing today then we will overdraft and be slapped with a $30 at least fee.  I know it's my fault and I feel awful.  It was a honest mistake though.  My math somewhere was obviously wrong.  So now he is pissed at me and not talking to me.  He left without even saying goodbye, not a hug or a kiss.  He never leaves without kissing me.  I am in pieces over here. 

*Just so I don't have to keep saying this.  We had the money just in another account.  I don't link my savings to my online banking because I am afraid to have it hacked again. So I couldn't transfer before the bank opened today. My math was off when I was calculating the bill about $70 dollars.  I must have mistyped something.  I am far from needing more money.  I own my business and DH has a good job.  Which is why him being mad over $30 troubles me.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Replies (21-30):
Lizardannie1966
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:17 AM

He's annoyed. He's overreacting but he's annoyed about the mistake.

If he's still this way when he comes home, tell him to pull his head out. Mistakes happen.

AmyL3469
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Overreacting much? Him.. not you. Jeez... i'm sure you can tell the bank you made a mistake and they'd waive it given the circumstances. You might not even get hit with a fee. 

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Just call the bank and ask them to waive the fee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smac28
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Seriously. Thats a ridiculous reason to not be speaking.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:22 AM

A local credit union.  I called them to transfer money this am from another account and asked if they could reverse the fee and the refused to.  

Quoting Anonymous:

What bank?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Try looking at it from his stand point.  He brings home the money.  He finds out that you are going to be in the negative.  What provider who makes the money likes to see that?  Yes, it stressed him out.  He has every right to feel upset.  Give him the day.  Let him stew over it.  Sit down tonight and remind him that it was a mistake.  We all make mistakes. 

Now, Hugs mama.  These things happen.  Its good to have a savings account for these reasons. 

How long have you been married?  We've been married almost 10 yrs this April.  I am finally in a place where I quit getting upset if my dh was upset with me over little things.  Well, little things in my mind.  I let him stew and went about my day.  If what I did really made him mad, I knew he would come to me later on and we would discuss it.  Sometimes he would be annoyed with something in his own personal life or something at work and be stressed out and he would get upset at me for little things.  I have learned to let it go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Actually it is just our bill account.  We have other accounts that have money in them I just don't put any more than I need for bills in the bill account.  I have had it hacked into before and lost about a thousand dollars so now I just put in what we need to send out bills. But thanks for assuming :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd be pissed at you too. I would never have $70 putting me in such a bind either.

Not_A_Native
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Ok, so he's mad.  Yelling a bit and walking out without a kiss goodbye isn't the end of the world.  How long have you been together anyway?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Apparantly I am not allowed to make an error.  He called me and started yelling at me.  I ended the conversation with telling him he is now in charge of the bills.  I wrote down all the passwords to all our banking and payments.  And am giving them to him when he gets home today.  Let's see if he can do any better.

Apparently, he is an asshole.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Then why not transfer money before the payments post and avoid being charged fees? I mean if you have the money elsewhere and all

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually it is just our bill account.  We have other accounts that have money in them I just don't put any more than I need for bills in the bill account.  I have had it hacked into before and lost about a thousand dollars so now I just put in what we need to send out bills. But thanks for assuming :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd be pissed at you too. I would never have $70 putting me in such a bind either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured