Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I made a little mistake and now he is not talking to me :( Edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I accidentally paid one to many bills this week and figured out early this morning that unless we deposit $70 into our checking first thing today then we will overdraft and be slapped with a $30 at least fee.  I know it's my fault and I feel awful.  It was a honest mistake though.  My math somewhere was obviously wrong.  So now he is pissed at me and not talking to me.  He left without even saying goodbye, not a hug or a kiss.  He never leaves without kissing me.  I am in pieces over here. 

*Just so I don't have to keep saying this.  We had the money just in another account.  I don't link my savings to my online banking because I am afraid to have it hacked again. So I couldn't transfer before the bank opened today. My math was off when I was calculating the bill about $70 dollars.  I must have mistyped something.  I am far from needing more money.  I own my business and DH has a good job.  Which is why him being mad over $30 troubles me.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Dh did that once. I was pissed. So I understand the anger.
AidansMomMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Shit happens. He'll get over it and all will be well :) Just hang in there

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I make more money than he does lol.  I own my business.  We do have other accounts we just use this bank for bills and checking.  I only keep enough money in there to pay the bills.  I just miscalculated how much I needed.  I don't even really understand why he is mad about the $30 its not alot.  I think he just wanted to be pissy.

We have been married 8 years together 13 he never gets upset with me thats why it hit me so hard.

Quoting Anonymous:

Try looking at it from his stand point.  He brings home the money.  He finds out that you are going to be in the negative.  What provider who makes the money likes to see that?  Yes, it stressed him out.  He has every right to feel upset.  Give him the day.  Let him stew over it.  Sit down tonight and remind him that it was a mistake.  We all make mistakes. 

Now, Hugs mama.  These things happen.  Its good to have a savings account for these reasons. 

How long have you been married?  We've been married almost 10 yrs this April.  I am finally in a place where I quit getting upset if my dh was upset with me over little things.  Well, little things in my mind.  I let him stew and went about my day.  If what I did really made him mad, I knew he would come to me later on and we would discuss it.  Sometimes he would be annoyed with something in his own personal life or something at work and be stressed out and he would get upset at me for little things.  I have learned to let it go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM

For the record...that is abusive behavior.  I am sure that is just one of many tactics he has used on you. Sound like an insecure asshole to me.  If I were YOU, I'd be pissed that he can't even make enough money to cover the bills without a $70 mistake.  Seriously.  My POINT is, that you could dish out your own attitude and disappointment at HIS failures, which his job is OBVIOUSLY one of.  

Don't shed another tear over this.  And I wouldn't kiss his ass either.  He's a dick.  Sorry you love him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Would have been ideal lol I honestly just didn't put enough in there.  I transfered the money there this morning when I realized it was just to late.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then why not transfer money before the payments post and avoid being charged fees? I mean if you have the money elsewhere and all

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually it is just our bill account.  We have other accounts that have money in them I just don't put any more than I need for bills in the bill account.  I have had it hacked into before and lost about a thousand dollars so now I just put in what we need to send out bills. But thanks for assuming :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd be pissed at you too. I would never have $70 putting me in such a bind either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:30 AM
We've never made or accounts negative so I would be highly pissed if dh did that. But if it wasn't the beginning of a downwhirl spiral as it is for most people when those things happen I would get over it quickly.
RLT2
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:30 AM

His treatment of you over the mistake is worse that the actual mistake you made, honestly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Then problem solved. There won't be fees or anything if you rectified it before it cleared

Quoting Anonymous:

Would have been ideal lol I honestly just didn't put enough in there.  I transfered the money there this morning when I realized it was just to late.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then why not transfer money before the payments post and avoid being charged fees? I mean if you have the money elsewhere and all

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually it is just our bill account.  We have other accounts that have money in them I just don't put any more than I need for bills in the bill account.  I have had it hacked into before and lost about a thousand dollars so now I just put in what we need to send out bills. But thanks for assuming :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd be pissed at you too. I would never have $70 putting me in such a bind either.

starbuckmom03
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Well, if thats the case, he might have been upset over something else and he took it out on you.  Not right, but it does happen. 

And good for you for owning your own business!!  Women who own their own businesses rock!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I make more money than he does lol.  I own my business.  We do have other accounts we just use this bank for bills and checking.  I only keep enough money in there to pay the bills.  I just miscalculated how much I needed.  I don't even really understand why he is mad about the $30 its not alot.  I think he just wanted to be pissy.

We have been married 8 years together 13 he never gets upset with me thats why it hit me so hard.

Quoting Anonymous:

Try looking at it from his stand point.  He brings home the money.  He finds out that you are going to be in the negative.  What provider who makes the money likes to see that?  Yes, it stressed him out.  He has every right to feel upset.  Give him the day.  Let him stew over it.  Sit down tonight and remind him that it was a mistake.  We all make mistakes. 

Now, Hugs mama.  These things happen.  Its good to have a savings account for these reasons. 

How long have you been married?  We've been married almost 10 yrs this April.  I am finally in a place where I quit getting upset if my dh was upset with me over little things.  Well, little things in my mind.  I let him stew and went about my day.  If what I did really made him mad, I knew he would come to me later on and we would discuss it.  Sometimes he would be annoyed with something in his own personal life or something at work and be stressed out and he would get upset at me for little things.  I have learned to let it go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Thats why he is mad.  I couldnt do it until the bank opened.  I don't have my savings linked on my online banking. So by then the fee had already hit and the bank said they would not waive it.  I mean its only $30 I am not worried about that.  I was more upset that he actually was ticked about it.  We hardly fight.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then problem solved. There won't be fees or anything if you rectified it before it cleared

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)