Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I made a little mistake and now he is not talking to me :( Edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I accidentally paid one to many bills this week and figured out early this morning that unless we deposit $70 into our checking first thing today then we will overdraft and be slapped with a $30 at least fee.  I know it's my fault and I feel awful.  It was a honest mistake though.  My math somewhere was obviously wrong.  So now he is pissed at me and not talking to me.  He left without even saying goodbye, not a hug or a kiss.  He never leaves without kissing me.  I am in pieces over here. 

*Just so I don't have to keep saying this.  We had the money just in another account.  I don't link my savings to my online banking because I am afraid to have it hacked again. So I couldn't transfer before the bank opened today. My math was off when I was calculating the bill about $70 dollars.  I must have mistyped something.  I am far from needing more money.  I own my business and DH has a good job.  Which is why him being mad over $30 troubles me.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Replies (41-47):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:33 AM
My husband did the same thing this payday. We had six dollars in our account this morning. Luckily we have savings and I can move over money. Shit happens. I am not upset at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Apparantly I am not allowed to make an error.  He called me and started yelling at me.  I ended the conversation with telling him he is now in charge of the bills.  I wrote down all the passwords to all our banking and payments.  And am giving them to him when he gets home today.  Let's see if he can do any better.

Quoting mattiehatter:

Wow human error. He needs to realize that you are human and it was an accident.

ADC2005
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
You paid bills! Not gambled it away he needs to relax
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Well then make better life choices to where $70 doesn't put you in a bind!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd be pissed at you too. I would never have $70 putting me in such a bind either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:36 AM
So glad he pays the bills and not me so this doesn't happen. He can't be mad at me for his own mistakes!
Butterfly1108
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:39 AM

What is wrong with men my dh is the same way...at least your dh was quiet about it, my dh would have given me an ear full along with a slamming the door as he goes to work.

I just try to ignore it and go with it what else can you do...unless you call one of the bills that you've paid and ask them if they can help on changing the date to pay at a later date, you miscalculated and it will leave you with a 0 balance at the bank. Hope this helps, it's not the end of the world your dh is being a jerk he'll get over it. Don't even sweat it girl. Have a beautiful day!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

are you stupid? I never said $70 put me in a bind.
Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I would have told him to grow up and act like an adult and had he called me yelling at me I would have told him until he can act like an adult and speak to me in a respectful tone of voice I would not be speaking to him and than hung up on his sorry ass.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)