Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A little sad, but happy!

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:09 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

My baby goes back to school today! Hes been really sick and has been out just shy of 2 weeks. Im so happy he is finally better and being himself. And eating again!! He lost so much weight! And hes skinny as a rail to begin with. But his appitite is finally coming back, and with a vengence. He woke up at 1am, woke me up to tell me he was starving. So we gave him a snack and sent him back off. I did a nice breakfast before I left for work. He was still sleeping but I set it out for him. Eggs, Potatos, Spam and orange slices. And a little note that said I love you on his back pack. Im so happy hes going back. But cant help feel a little sad. I got used to the notion of him being home all the time. Like pre-k when we home schooled. I know it wasnt much difference for me since i work. But i got to talk to him all day from the office. Now i have to wait til 3. I know daddy is ready to do back flips! Hes free hes free! lol.

gawwwww my baby.

But I cant thank the Lord more for my son getting better and getting back to his normal, crazy, hyper little self!!!

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:10 AM
you may get bashed for the Spam...
gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:13 AM

And, this means what to me. I like spam. Spam is awesome! If people dont like it and would like to bash me for a few slices of breakfast side meat (hahahaha really) thats their perogative.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Spam is awesome lol my kids will eat it right out of the can if I let them.
uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol no bashing here... I don't eat spam but not going to bash anyone who does...

And that is great!!!

Quoting gabeybaby07:

And, this means what to me. I like spam. Spam is awesome! If people dont like it and would like to bash me for a few slices of breakfast side meat (hahahaha really) thats their perogative.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
s.osborne
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I freakin LOVE spam!

Quoting gabeybaby07:

Quoting Anonymous:

tcm_mom
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
So glad your little man is feeling better. When yds got over the flu I cooked all his favorite meals. I was so excited he was eating again!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KAmomma1113
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to eat spam as a kid! And I applaud you fot not caring if other people have an issue with the spam :) Theres always going to be a negaitve person somewhere.

So happy your little man is feeling better! Its bittersweet but makes 3 o'clock something to get u thru ur days at work and look forward to. Hugs :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Thank you! Yea its actually a great feeling to see him eating! Hes a skinny boy. Hes 5 years, 46in tall and weighs 43 - 45lbs normally, he went down to 36 lbs. He looks like a starved skinned chicken! Im so happy. A whole almost 2 weeks of forcing a few spoons of soup and crackers down his throat. He didnt eat more then a few tabel spoons of food the whole time he was sick. We made sure to give him plenty of fluids though. Now if he asked for it, id make him a t-bone at 3am. Just happy to see his appitite come back

Quoting tcm_mom:

So glad your little man is feeling better. When yds got over the flu I cooked all his favorite meals. I was so excited he was eating again!

gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Thanks Mami :)

Quoting KAmomma1113:

I used to eat spam as a kid! And I applaud you fot not caring if other people have an issue with the spam :) Theres always going to be a negaitve person somewhere.

So happy your little man is feeling better! Its bittersweet but makes 3 o'clock something to get u thru ur days at work and look forward to. Hugs :)

gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM

We like the Hicory smoke one. It has to be fried though. Couldnt eat it any other way. Ds used to call it bacon when he was younger. And Spam sandwiches HELLO YUM!

Quoting Anonymous:

Spam is awesome lol my kids will eat it right out of the can if I let them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN