Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Those under tornado watch/warning...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Did you send your babies to school?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
alyssa1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:29 AM

school was a hour late here for my daughter the storm/tornado was already over.i am in kentucky.

fallenangel_353
by Nikki on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Im from the south, this is something we deal with regular :/ If warnings are all around us, schools will typically delay until the threat is over. Also if severe weather is moving in during the afternoon, they will release early, or hold them after school. They try their best not to have kids out on the road during bad weather.

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Yes. The warning didn't start until 3pm here. We weren't even raining here when he got off the bus.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:30 AM
How scary!! We have had maybe 2-3 tornado touchdowns here in my life. And they are usually very short. (Like last the length of a small street) I couldn't imagine going through that all the time! We live surrounded by mountains so its hard for them to form.
JocelynsMama1
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:31 AM

my daughter isnt in school yet but i would take her in a tornado watch but not a warning were skipping library today though even though the warning is over and just back to a watch....i figure theres no reason to be out in it if i dont have to

Jalestra
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:36 AM

We never seem to get them until the kids are in school. Then I have to walk up to the school and walk them home and cross my fingers. Luckily it's a nice neighborhood so if one DID come up we could knock on ANY door and they would let us in without question.

KailesMommy
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Im in TN right at the KY boarder and yes we were under a warning before school but she is there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bc19
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:51 AM

We are only under river flood and severe thunderstorm warnings, so yeah he will be going since I haven't gotten a call from them. The river flooding area is about 20 miles north west so it won't affect us.

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:06 AM
I would take them for a watch. A warning, no. I would possibly take them in later, after the storm passed. When DS was in K, we had a tornado warning during school hours. I was freaked out, just wanting my kid.

I remember being in 7th grade and a tornado passed within .5 a mile from my school. We all huddled down and after the storm passed, tons of parents came to get their kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Yes, dd1 went to Pre-K this morning.  But she's literally two blocks from my work so if there's any early discharge or anything it's less than a 2 minute drive to go get her.  DD2 stayed home with DH, but she's an infant and doesn't have to be at school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured