Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Those under tornado watch/warning...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Did you send your babies to school?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Replies (31-37):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Yes, she was going to be out the rest of the week so I decided to go. I drove her here, takes about an hour. I'm waiting on her now to get out so we can go home. And I'm terrified of tornadoes, I go into panic mode every time the sirens go off. I'm wishing we just stayed home now.
taz1993
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:57 AM
They delayed school for 3 hrs here. The warnings and watches had all been canceled. She was put on the bus an hour ago.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:09 PM

we had one hit in the next town.it came my way but it never did.it did get dark and the wind picked up quickly..my daughter was at school.they took them in the halls and bathrooms.but they are okay.they were taking them back to class..it was scary.and i just got home.then 10 minutes later the storm hit..so glad it was over and the police scanner was going crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea I'm in ga too. We had a warning right before my son was to take the bus. He's home today.

Quoting Anonymous:

georgia is under a tornado watch until 4:00 this afternoon..

Quoting cyork2:

Where's these tornado warnings at? I know we are expecting some severe storms later this afternoon, maybe I should Elbe watching the news, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Same here town i live in doesnt play around with tornadoes. 30 yrs ago before warning systems really were acurate and used the kids had just gotten out of school when a tornado hit there were a lot dead the kids on the busses were killed or injured the gym had to be used as a makeshift morgue. So our town is super careful we have weekly tornado drills too.

Quoting scarletmeshell:

Tornado watch yes. If it was a tornado warning no, we would be in the basement, schools would be in lock down, buses pulled over ect.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I have been in a house hit by a small tornado, there was no warning. We do not take the warnings lightly.

Quoting Anonymous:

Same here town i live in doesnt play around with tornadoes. 30 yrs ago before warning systems really were acurate and used the kids had just gotten out of school when a tornado hit there were a lot dead the kids on the busses were killed or injured the gym had to be used as a makeshift morgue. So our town is super careful we have weekly tornado drills too.

Quoting scarletmeshell:

Tornado watch yes. If it was a tornado warning no, we would be in the basement, schools would be in lock down, buses pulled over ect.

mcginnisc
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Yes.. we were not under one when I dropped my girls off at 7:45 this morning... I've already picked up my youngest from school and will be leaving to head back to the school to pick up my oldest in about 15 minutes.. I have to pick up my niece at her school at 3 and take her home too. ( although, if the weather is *really* nasty, I may just send her in to get her dog and bring her to my house since we live a few houses away from them). Our weather is not as bad here south of Atlanta though... we are under a watch until 8ish I believe, but the storms are north and west of us. All we've had is a little rain so far. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Mine is 8m/o so no :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)