Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate this *edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
I have Ménière's disease. My vertigo has been bad for 2 days now. Ds has ot today. I could have mil drive is but I really don't want to be in a car with her. We are having problems. But I am afraid I will have anther problem and wreck my car with ds in it. I guess I suck it up and have her drive us :(. I just needed to vent. I would never put my ds in danger

I realized thanks to anther poster the way I wrote about my mil made it sound as if I hate her. I don't hate her. She lives with us and has not been pulling her weight around here. We have talked and she is starting to do things again. I am just upset with her that we had to do that and basicly treat her like a child for a few weeks. That's all. I am still a little irritated with her.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cLanief
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:55 AM
That sucks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:56 AM
That sucks. Hope you feel better soon.
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:57 AM
That sucks :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jalestra
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:58 AM

That sucks. I have several friends from my HoH days with Meniere's and it can be really tough. Sorry you're having a rough time here lately.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Thanks. Sometimes it last 24 hours others like a week. I just won't risk ds getting hurt.

Quoting Megan11587:

That sucks. Hope you feel better soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:00 AM
It really does. I hate feeling like I can't care for myself or ds. Not knowing when things are going to happen.

Quoting Jalestra:

That sucks. I have several friends from my HoH days with Meniere's and it can be really tough. Sorry you're having a rough time here lately.

vtmommyof2bratz
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:01 AM

i do not know what the first one is but i know what vertigo is since i have it and i feel for you 

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Sorry your feeling bad. I think its pretty damn lousy you don't like your MIL but you use her to drive you around.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:07 AM
It causes vertigo, loss of hearing and migraines. There is a big list of things it can cause those are the main ones with me. Oh and I get the whole nausea and throwing up with it. Plus I fall down a lot because my legs just give out.

Quoting vtmommyof2bratz:

i do not know what the first one is but i know what vertigo is since i have it and i feel for you 

Jalestra
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Do you have a service dog? Several of my friends with Meniere's have them and they swear by them. They swear they really help and have made them better able to do things as well as being useful for balance assistance. They say it's made them more independant. 

Of course, I don't know your situation or how useful it'd be for you. I know each person has different difficulties.

Quoting Anonymous:

It really does. I hate feeling like I can't care for myself or ds. Not knowing when things are going to happen.

Quoting Jalestra:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN