Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentines for your kid's friends -- anyone else do "home made" ??? (pic)

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM
  • 31 Replies

My daughter is in Grade 1.

Last year we made Valentines for her classroom friends instead of buying them.

We used pink, red and white construction paper and cut out hearts. She wrote a personal note on each one and we stapled a cellophane bag to them and put a Valentine pencil, heart shaped eraser and heart/cupid stickers inside.

They turned out really cute.

She told me this morning she wants to do homemade Valentines again.. so I am looking for some cute ideas!

We are definitely going to make heart shaped crayons (below) with construction paper Valentines.. but I need a few other things to go with it.

Any ideas?

I was thinking maybe mini-coloring books or a mini-note pad? And maybe stickers again because they're always a hit with her friends.

Anyone else do homemade Valentines? OR personalize your store bought ones with a special gift or treat?

Pinned Image

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I bake for their classes.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:16 AM

That's awesome :)

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I bake for their classes.

sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:18 AM
2 moms liked this

how do you do those heart shaped crayons?

SnortysMom
by CatMarie on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Not sure yet. Last year we did home Valentines for his pre-k class. Check out Pinterest, they have lots of cute ideas.

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:24 AM
We're going to this year. I've gotten lots of ideas from pinterest I'm going to let her choose which she wants to do this weekend.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hayvensmommy07
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Last year we started homemade then the teacher said it had to be regular ones (preschool), this year we are making some...pinterest had some really cute ideas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Quoting sfkdny:

how do you do those heart shaped crayons?

Really easy!

I used a heart shaped muffin tray.. put the broken crayons in.. baked in the oven until melted and then remove and let cool.

If you are going to use stainless steal trays, you might want to grease it first so the crayons pop out easily.

I have a silicone one from the dollar store that I use for crafts. I prefer stainless steal for baking food.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Really? Why does the teacher care if the kids make their valentines or buy them?

Quoting hayvensmommy07:

Last year we started homemade then the teacher said it had to be regular ones (preschool), this year we are making some...pinterest had some really cute ideas

meka26
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I do not do homemade for dd's class, but I do it for dd.

VannaMae307
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM

We will be starting ours on the 1st. He will be 4 in march so he is not writing yet. But he is doing pretty well with following directions, and I am going to try to get him to write maybe some of the letters of his name by himself. He likes to be creative, I think it will be fun! We didn't do anything last year.

edit: for family not a classroom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured