Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 17 month old wants to potty train?!

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:24 AM
  • 5 Replies

I had a baby on Monday

Yesterday ydd would hold up her dress and try to take off her diaper, I asked if she needed a change and she would lead me to the bathroom.

She did sit on the potty, and once may have finished peeing, in the potty, but it was the adult potty, so it was hard to tell.

Every one of those daipers were barely moist btw

She also went into a different room to poop yesterday

This morning I go to get her from her crib and she was diaperless......

( yes she is dry after naps, she may have been dry when she woke up but I was nursing the baby so she waited a few minutes for me.

I don't know if I should pursue potty training with her, ( like get her, her own potty, and some panties or pull ups) or if I should just humor her for now.

I don't want to be following her around with a roll of paper towels or doing something that she will just regress with because of the baby.

Mommy of FIVE!!!

Tara~12.16.03  Zachary~5.17.05  Rowan~1.17.09  Willow~8/10/11  Soren~ 1/28/13

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bcoll
by Brandi on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I'd give it a try if she's showing an interest, mine were all potty trained by 2. A few were 17/18 mos, and one was completely trained at 14 mos lol.

Good luck! :)

twinners.mama
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM
If she's wanting to go for it! You would kick yourself if you ignored her signals and she didn't potty train for a long time. Kwim?? Sounds like she won't regress because of baby but wants to be the big girl!! My twins potty trained at about 18 months. We had daytime training perfect before they were two. One is good now at night, but the other still needs a diaper at night. Not because she doesn't try though. Good luck!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I would buy her a potty seat. To put on the big toilet and a step stool for her to help herself... it sounds like she is ready :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaoftwo
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:33 AM

We have that set-up, I have a four yr old who is still afraid he will fall into the potty lol

I was thinking just getting her some pretty little light potty that she we can keep on the other side of the house, or if a sibling is in the bathroom.

Quoting uriahadel:

I would buy her a potty seat. To put on the big toilet and a step stool for her to help herself... it sounds like she is ready :-)

Mommy of FIVE!!!

Tara~12.16.03  Zachary~5.17.05  Rowan~1.17.09  Willow~8/10/11  Soren~ 1/28/13

uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Oh okay then sure go for it... if she is ready then she is ready. My youngest dd potty trained herself, although she was already two... I wouldn't hinder her from doing it

Quoting mommaoftwo:

We have that set-up, I have a four yr old who is still afraid he will fall into the potty lol

I was thinking just getting her some pretty little light potty that she we can keep on the other side of the house, or if a sibling is in the bathroom.

Quoting uriahadel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN