Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my bf and his babies mama

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
My bf has an 18month old.
He has been staying with me for the last 2 months.

I recently helped him get visits so his son will be at our home Wednesday and Thursday.

Issue is he works Thursday and I have the ability to take time off so I'd be home those days.

He said he doesn't want to deal with telling her but I'm a mom and especially if my son was that old I'd want to at least know who is with my baby

I brought up inviting her over to talk with me and do something small like coffee while my sons there dot she can see how I am.

Idk
Good idea?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raye-chan
by Raye on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:36 AM
I think it sounds good honesty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cupcake_mom
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:38 AM
2 moms liked this

GREAT idea!  there is no way i would be cool with my kid being around someone i dont know. you guys dont have to be buddy buddy but you have to atleast know the girl

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol my bf thinks its horrible
Lol
I quote
"Next thing you know your teaming up and shit"

I was like I don't think so she might just want to see who I am, see if I'm a weirdo or not, take my number and leave

Quoting cupcake_mom:

GREAT idea!  there is no way i would be cool with my kid being around someone i dont know. you guys dont have to be buddy buddy but you have to atleast know the girl

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I think its awesome you recognize being honest is best. Good idea and good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Good for you, thinking rationally and honestly in this situation. So many people don't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Find a man without kids.
TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:53 AM

they always get nervous when the gf and the ex start chatting.  ignore him.  it's a good idea to let her get to know you and see who her child is going to be around.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol my bf thinks its horrible
Lol
I quote
"Next thing you know your teaming up and shit"

I was like I don't think so she might just want to see who I am, see if I'm a weirdo or not, take my number and leave

Quoting cupcake_mom:

MommyLehr
by Veronica on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Sounds good!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I think it's a good idea, but be prepared. She may be pissed that his visitation day is just having their child spend the day with you instead of him.

And since you are just a gf she can go back to court and get that day taken away.

Goodluck. I hope she takes to the idea.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:57 AM
That's a good idea. She can also have the right to refuse, so she will have the child until he is off work. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)