Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So what is the big deal? Yes I am a woman who does not ave a job outside of the house. I love my family to death but these conversations that we have had especially my father saying maybe you should go back to school and get back to work and my uncle tells me that I should not have my life revolve around DS only because when he grows up I won't have really done anything for myself, I might lose myself. In the beginning my mother was not thrilled to learn that her only daughter has decided to depend on her DH.

She went back to school while working and graduated with  4.0 and has been the breadwinner in the family when my SD (step-dad) decided that he did not want to be a banker anymore. I know that they are concerned for me and my well being but it can be frustrating to know they think I could be doing more or something else with my life. 

Did anyone oppose your life decisions?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
AmyL3469
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:42 PM

My husband's grandmother told me I need to stop mooching off of him. Are you kidding me? I'm in college and I plan on getting my masters degree. I stay home, take care of our kids, and I've been looking for part-time medical transcription work since I have my diploma for that as well. Mooch... grrr.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:42 PM
My family is very supportive....not that it matters...we do what's best for us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I admire SAHM's, but I have never had a desire to be one. I am woman enough to admit it is not for me.

niki_hubbard
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Your kids are only young so long. I can wait for a nice car, nice furniture, a job if I chose to have one, until later in life. My life can be on hold a few years to ensure my kids have a parent whenever they need me. And no, a lot of people do not agree. My parents want me to work. Friends wanted me to continue to party. But their opinions are way less important than my kids having the childhood I wish I had been given.
Amiehart62
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Premature submit.

No one questioned my wanting to be a mom and I put a very lucrative career on hold. Everyone was supportive:)

Don't listen to anyone's nonsense. Molding people is more important than any paying job!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Uploaded with Imgupr

Quoting Deshonsmommy:

So what is the big deal? Yes I am a woman who does not ave a job outside of the house. I love my family to death but these conversations that we have had especially my father saying maybe you should go back to school and get back to work and my uncle tells me that I should not have my life revolve around DS only because when he grows up I won't have really done anything for myself, I might lose myself. In the beginning my mother was not thrilled to learn that her only daughter has decided to depend on her DH.

She went back to school while working and graduated with  4.0 and has been the breadwinner in the family when my SD (step-dad) decided that he did not want to be a banker anymore. I know that they are concerned for me and my well being but it can be frustrating to know they think I could be doing more or something else with my life. 

Did anyone oppose your life decisions?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I'm a sahm . But I'm in school . Only 8 credits though
CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Everyone except my husbands immediate family and my grandmother. Everyone calls me almost daily I "see when I will go back to work". Even neighbors bring it up! I dot want not need to go to school!
SusieQue717
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Well, everyone in my family was against me moving to Nicaragua. Too bad that it's my life and I could care less if they agree or not. I'm living for me, not for anyone else. 

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:45 PM
If they do they keep it to themselves. Because they may not agree, but they respect me enough to support me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)