Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll

Question: Is bullying a serious problem?

Options:

Yes

No, kids who are bullied should just get over it

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

While in another post, I read a comment that now has me wondering how many people think this way.

My question is, Do you think kids that have been or are being bullied should just get over it or ignore it and that THEY are the problem? or dDo you think bullying is a real and serious issue facing the kids of today?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Replies (21-23):
LAXmom21
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Do you think social media has played a part in making it much more serious now then back in the day?

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

It is something that has been a serious issues since the dawn of time it is just being taken more seriously now a days.

illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:46 PM

The term "bullying" gets thrown about too casually. Bullying is a problem, but the label is being thrown as a blanket statement. No one HAS to be friends with someone else. No one has to like your backpack. People are going to make comments if you chop off your hair for fun and now you look silly. People are going to make comments when a 5th grader wears a Dora tshirt to school. That isn't bullying. Making a comment isn't bullying. Going out of your way to harass someone about something is.

If a 4th grader has an accident and everyone laughs when it happens, is it bullying? I don't think so. Telling your friends about the incident over lunch isn't bullying either. Calling her "pee pants" every day from then on would be.

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:52 PM

No I think that because we have media now and are able to communicate more with other people that it is now more widely realized as a true problem and is being more recognized of the effects it has on people.

Quoting LAXmom21:

Do you think social media has played a part in making it much more serious now then back in the day?

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

It is something that has been a serious issues since the dawn of time it is just being taken more seriously now a days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured