Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tornados :( and nowhere to hide

Posted by   + Show Post
so there are at least 3 tornados in and around our town. Fucking figures we just moved into an apartment without closets, and huge ass windows in every room. FML!!!!! Oh and my DF is at work and i'm homw with my 3 kids and my kid brother who is 15 and scaring the shit outta my 4&5 year olds. This shit sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Many yrs ago when we lived in a trailer I would go to the Kmart down the road during tonado warnings.

cadditalbrat
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Murphy, NC. There was one in Ducktown, TN which is 15 minutes from us, one in Andrews, NC, which is 20 minutes away, and one in Hayesville, NC which is 5 minutes away from us. Along with the one in Murphy. We had them on all sides of us and more are expected to come later in the day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where are you located? We had one hit here in Calhoun,Ga. And adairsville,Ga is about 30 minutes from here.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:16 PM
yeah, you are getting the brunt of it now. Im from Asheville( live in FL now) but I have family and friends there, so Im watching the weather

Quoting cadditalbrat:

Murphy, NC. There was one in Ducktown, TN which is 15 minutes from us, one in Andrews, NC, which is 20 minutes away, and one in Hayesville, NC which is 5 minutes away from us. Along with the one in Murphy. We had them on all sides of us and more are expected to come later in the day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where are you located? We had one hit here in Calhoun,Ga. And adairsville,Ga is about 30 minutes from here.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I hope congress makes you wait six months for any relief!
mich.el.le
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Knock on a neighbors door who lives in the bottom apartment? Idk. Stay safe. :(

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope congress makes you wait six months for any relief!

LOL. 

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Quoting spooky415:

Stairwell.

Yep, go outside, that will be safe confused

cadditalbrat
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:19 PM
haha :) our apartments are side by side with no basements, we have to go to the laundry mat to do laundry. Hopefully the worst has past and the rest completly miss us.

Quoting rosemagic01:

Tell your brother if he doesn't stop your going to throw him outside to figure out what real fear is. 

Is there a basement? Can you call your landlord and find out if there's access to that basement for emergencies?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Uh...stairwells can be INSIDE the building as well.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting spooky415:

Stairwell.

Yep, go outside, that will be safe confused

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shygurl3166
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:47 PM
You are all in my thoughts... The 2 years I spent in texas gave me a new perpective on that kind of weather. Scary as hell. I hope the weather gets better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)