Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tornados :( and nowhere to hide

Posted by   + Show Post
so there are at least 3 tornados in and around our town. Fucking figures we just moved into an apartment without closets, and huge ass windows in every room. FML!!!!! Oh and my DF is at work and i'm homw with my 3 kids and my kid brother who is 15 and scaring the shit outta my 4&5 year olds. This shit sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Replies (31-33):
nelliesmommy
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:49 PM

lol, you people on this post are making me laugh.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting spooky415:

Stairwell.

Yep, go outside, that will be safe confused

bellaamore
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Get in the tub if you have nowhere to go. Bathtub, ditch, etc is safeer than nothing in the case of a tornado.

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:00 PM

DO you have any neighbors around you that have a storm shelter/basement? any stores/restuarants anything like that? I would try those alternatives first.. 

In a house with no basement, a dorm, or an apartment: Avoid windows. Go to the lowest floor, small center room (like a bathroom or closet), under a stairwell, or in an interior hallway with no windows. Crouch as low as possible to the floor, facing down; and cover your head with your hands. A bath tub may offer a shell of partial protection. Even in an interior room, you should cover yourself with some sort of thick padding (mattress, blankets, etc.), to protect against falling debris in case the roof and ceiling fail. A helmet can offer some protection against head injury.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN