Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of after school activities

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM
  • 41 Replies

Are your children in? Do you feel that after school activities are important? How would you feel if your children did not want to do after school activiites? By "after school activities" I mean either sports, clubs or specialty classes.  

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM
When I was in school, it was either work or participate in an extra curricular. I was in volleyball & band at school. Then I did piano, ballet & voice after school. So my kiddo will likely be in the same things when she's older. P
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM

We don't do any, and I dont feel they are that important. If he ever decides he wants to I will let him, but it's not something I push or think is especially important.  I am grateful he has no interest in it.

TAG_ur_it
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM

my son joined chorus after school.  hopefully we'll be able to put him in a sport next year.

JBiiirdD
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this
They are! It looks good on your college apps when they see you were active in your school & community. :)

Quoting 428:

We don't do any, and I dont feel they are that important. If he ever decides he wants to I will let him, but it's not something I push or think is especially important.  I am grateful he has no interest in it.

Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM
DS is 5, he is in swimming all year, and baseball in the spring. He will be doing soccer also this fall. We are big into sports, so I would be a little sad if he didn't want to play any sports.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Gymnastics tumbling and karate for both
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:16 PM

my son is 7.  What he does now will probably not be on his college apps.

Quoting JBiiirdD:

They are! It looks good on your college apps when they see you were active in your school & community. :)

Quoting 428:

all2gethernow
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Basketball now, then soccer, baseball and martial arts. Young Marines all year. Art class, soccer and football in the fall. 4 homeschooled kids...,
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:16 PM
My DD wants to do track this spring! Super excited about that :-) She also plays violin and voluteers at the library. Other DD roller derbies :-) That is enough for her! Lol
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:17 PM

DS has done karate through our community ed for a little over a year

He has decided he wants to take a break, and we are fine with it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured