Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Roaches

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

We live in an apartment complex and about a month ago we had some new neighbors move in next door. After a week we saw our first cockroach in 2 years in our kitchen so we went ahead and sent the kids to a friend of ours over night and sprayed around all the baseboards, the corners, under the appliances and in the cabinets. Then we set off some bombs and left for a few hours and came back after to clean everything.

We're seeing them every day now, for about the past week so we asked her to bomb her apartment on the same day as us and even offered to buy the bombs and spray to use but she said she wont do that because it can make her dogs sick. The building manager said he can't force her to treat for the bugs, all he can do is send pest control over and if she turns them away oh well.

I'm really pissed off and was wondering if anyone knows of a legal way I go about getting her to bomb for the bugs. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this
She HAS to let the landlord spray. He could just evict her over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I hope she doesn't have kids!
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I' not sure how to legally get them to bomb, but cotton balls soaked in mint oil will keep them away. Vinegar helps too. 

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Where do you put the cotton balls? Living in GA these things are common apparently. Our huse is sprayed once a month but I still see those bastards every once in awhile.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I' not sure how to legally get them to bomb, but cotton balls soaked in mint oil will keep them away. Vinegar helps too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:19 PM

He acted like he just doesn't care. He said, "Its just roaches, its not like they bite". :/

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM

She has one little boy... all she was worried about was her dogs though. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope she doesn't have kids!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Thanks for the tip! I shall put them everyfuckinwhere! lol

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

T-HoneyLuv
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:22 PM
He is a slumlord. Does he live with them also? Probably not. Call the health department.

Quoting Anonymous:

He acted like he just doesn't care. He said, "Its just roaches, its not like they bite". :/

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Call your local landlord tenant board.
Roaches carry a slew of disease.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Basically wherever you see roaches or know they like to hide. I tuck them under my refrigerator, behind my hutch, in the backs of our cabinets, and behind the garbage can. And when I clean the floors, counters, etc, I use straight hot vinegar. It's a natural repellant. 

Mind you, I still have a roach problem. But we went from having the kitchen floor look like it was moving when we moved in, to seeing three or four small ones a day. Not so bad! They are SO hard to get rid of. 

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Where do you put the cotton balls? Living in GA these things are common apparently. Our huse is sprayed once a month but I still see those bastards every once in awhile.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

For delicious allergy-friendly recipes, follow my blog, Cooking With Food Allergies! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)