Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

military moms

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM
  • 28 Replies
I have a question
What all is covered when you live on base?
Water, gas, electric?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Bump
Denecia
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:40 PM

everything except cable internet and phone service. They also take care of the lawncare. But your yard will most likely not be fenced in when you move in. 

usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:41 PM
For us :
Water, electric, rent, trash & recycling pickup, lawn maintenance ( we are only responsible for our little fenced in area) , pest control if needed, any home repairs ( dishwasher stops working, etc ). They would also prefer that they change the lightbulbs and batteries in the fire alarms.
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Then why does alot of people have issues paying their bills? * not saying you do*

Quoting redneckmama2:

everything except cable internet and phone service. They also take care of the lawncare. But your yard will most likely not be fenced in when you move in. 

redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

There are a lot of reasons, one of which being the low pay for the lower enlisted. It also can be contributed to poor financial planning. The way hubby and I got around dealing with any money issues for the bills is put bill money in a seperate account, by allotment, to pay the bills and then what went into our other account was grocery and gas money, and then what ever else we needed was taken out of that. 

Quoting silverdawn99:

Then why does alot of people have issues paying their bills? * not saying you do*

Quoting redneckmama2:

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I can't wait to live on base:(

macysmom
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Quoting s.osborne:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazedmama06
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Depending on the base I've loved and hated living on base. Some just down right suck. 

Quoting s.osborne:

VannaMae307
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Everything for us. We have an electric allowance based on averages in the neighborhood. If we go over the allowance, we pay out of pocket (so far the biggest was $12).

Lawn maintenance and all other maintenance is included. Water, sewer, garbage and weekly bulk trash pickup. Light bulbs replaced free, filters replaced free.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN