Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We are never going to name this baby!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

DH and I can't agree on a name for our baby.  I am the root of the problem.  I hate all names right now!  Traditional, YUCK!  Trendy, YUCK!  Religious, YUCK!!!  I don't even have any names that I *soft of* like!!  Everything is either so over done, already been used by family, or WEIRD.  We don't know the gender which adds to my misery. Why does this have to be so hard!??

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmama1
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Just stop debating it for a couple months. At least till you know thw gender. With our youngest, we did decide on a name till a couple hours after he was born.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:51 PM
It will come to you guys. Some people wait until they meet their baby. Just promise me you pick something off the wall like female cause you couldn't think of anything ;-)
Denecia
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:51 PM
With our daughter it took some time but with our son I had a named picked before I was even pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Or no name ha!

Quoting ebbierowe:

It will come to you guys. Some people wait until they meet their baby. Just promise me you pick something off the wall like female cause you couldn't think of anything ;-)

macendaxislove
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Thats one thing I liked about being single. The father bailed on us so I got to choose the names.
woo.
Good luck though!

Schleetle
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:52 PM
We liked nymbler.com when looking for names. You can just wait until delivery, and see what name s/he looks like.
TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:53 PM

we had names picked but they just got nixed a couple of days ago.  we have a new pair of names that we love, but DH isn't willing to get excited over it. he's sure i'll hate them in a couple of weeks

workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Wait until the baby is born.. Maybe by looking at him/her you will come up with something? lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:54 PM

What about Mallory Jane for a girl?

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Maybe it's a hormonal thing, too...  maybe all the names are just icky to you because you are feeling icky about something due to hormones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)