Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you're "playing house"

Posted by   + Show Post
99% of the time your relationship won't be taken seriously by anyone unless they are also playing house

(As in unmarried couples living together with their children)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
jucyfrut
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Really?

Our friends (married, single, dating or in a relationship) aren't so wishy-washy about it. 

Never really came across anyone else who had issues with us being together for 13 years, engaged for 11 and living together for 9.  

The only people that have issues with it, that I have seen, are people on here.

April620
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Gays are not included in these statistics because they can't legally marry in all states.

Quoting ebbierowe:

Well dh and I lived together for 2 years before we got married...we had a kid, we had bills, we worked pretty darn hard to pay them, when we moved in together we had been engaged for a few years so I don't think we were "playing"

My mom and her boyfriend have lived together for 33 years....most people they know there age that got married are divorced now so they dont seem to be playing.

I personally don't judge others relationships soley on whether or not tht are married. I mean there are planty of gay couples that would like to be married and are forced to "play house" and I don't think that makes their relationship anyless valid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting April620:

God told me

Lol ;p

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting April620:

My statistics are irrefutable

Link?

And this entire post just took a strange, new turn, Lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

People always say how other people live their lives doesn't affect their lives, but it DOES.

People living together instead of getting married has created an unstable society. Yes, that does affect my life and my kids' future. Living together without marriage and having kids without a father in the house is tearing the fabric of our society apart.

lilbit53009
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:19 PM

playing house and being in a long term committed relationship are 2 different things

so yes...i agree....if you're playing house then of course no one is going to take you seriously. because you're just playing!

April620
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:20 PM
The one right there... ^^^

Quoting Anonymous:

What god?

Quoting April620:

God told me

Lol ;p

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting April620:

My statistics are irrefutable

Link?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Quoting Cristie0911:

The way I feel about is, they aren't taking it seriously enough to get married, why should I take it seriously? Why not legalize it?

It's not illegal to shack up.

Aeonix
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I'm married, but I don't care whether others choose to do so or not. And why should those that are not married really care if others take them seriously?
I had someone tell me once my marriage would never be taken seriously. I don't give two shots about them or their opinion.
mcclainprincess
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Ive never understood the term "playing house" when talking about ppl who share a home but are not married. Do they not have the same bills, cleaning, issues, etc. that married couples have just not the ppwk from the court house saying they are legally married..
ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok but that doesn't change people's opinions kwim?

If a person feels an unmarried couple livo g together isn't a serious relationship then o would assume that feeling would transfer to same sex couples for some. I mean the argument that they could relocate and marry could be used

Quoting April620:

Gays are not included in these statistics because they can't legally marry in all states.

Quoting ebbierowe:

Well dh and I lived together for 2 years before we got married...we had a kid, we had bills, we worked pretty darn hard to pay them, when we moved in together we had been engaged for a few years so I don't think we were "playing"

My mom and her boyfriend have lived together for 33 years....most people they know there age that got married are divorced now so they dont seem to be playing.

I personally don't judge others relationships soley on whether or not tht are married. I mean there are planty of gay couples that would like to be married and are forced to "play house" and I don't think that makes their relationship anyless valid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)