Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you're "playing house"

Posted by   + Show Post
99% of the time your relationship won't be taken seriously by anyone unless they are also playing house

(As in unmarried couples living together with their children)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM

There's a ceiling fan above my head...I'm not going to worship it. 

Quoting April620:

The one right there... ^^^

Quoting Anonymous:

What god?

Quoting April620:

God told me

Lol ;p

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting April620:

My statistics are irrefutable

Link?

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't play house nor would I ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
But if they get married they won't be able to get welfare!
Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Untrue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

There's a ceiling fan above my head...I'm not going to worship it. 

Quoting April620:

The one right there... ^^^

Quoting Anonymous:

What god?

Quoting April620:

God told me

Lol ;p

I think she's being silly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Somtimes and i do mean "somtimes" people stay engaged for many years instead of getting hitched right away because of things like financle status....LEGAL status.....and other things......At least they have made some sort of commitment to one another.....and being married does not mean my fiance is more likley to run off and abandon his family.....just because your spoke vows and made "promises" does not mean he wont cheat on you...leave you....stay in the marriege even though he is not happy...so please turn off your computer....get your fucking panties "un" knoted and go have a nice glass of sherry.. =D 

Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Explain this further.

How exactly does living together without being married create instability?

And how does living together without being married suddenly translate into kids not having a father in the house?

You understand what "living together" means, right?

Quoting Anonymous:

People always say how other people live their lives doesn't affect their lives, but it DOES.

People living together instead of getting married has created an unstable society. Yes, that does affect my life and my kids' future. Living together without marriage and having kids without a father in the house is tearing the fabric of our society apart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
This is a HUGE reason why people shack up but let the defensive welfare recipients tell you different.

Quoting Anonymous:

But if they get married they won't be able to get welfare!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Why does it need to be legal to be a valid relationship? I'm not so narrowminded that I believe marriage is THE WAY like some people do. I don't believe it's the ultimate thing, either. How do you know they're not taking it seriously? 

It's not your marriage, so you can feel however you want, even as narrowminded and ridiculous as you are.

Quoting Cristie0911:

The way I feel about is, they aren't taking it seriously enough to get married, why should I take it seriously? Why not legalize it? That is if there are no plans to marry.  It's like the people who say they can't commit to a guy, yet they have a child with them.  I don't get that either.  They are good enough to be your  "baby daddy", but not good enough to be your husband?

April620
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:26 PM
I'm talking about unmarried couples that have children together. I should probably claify in the op

Quoting ebbierowe:

Ok but that doesn't change people's opinions kwim?

If a person feels an unmarried couple livo g together isn't a serious relationship then o would assume that feeling would transfer to same sex couples for some. I mean the argument that they could relocate and marry could be used

Quoting April620:

Gays are not included in these statistics because they can't legally marry in all states.

Quoting ebbierowe:

Well dh and I lived together for 2 years before we got married...we had a kid, we had bills, we worked pretty darn hard to pay them, when we moved in together we had been engaged for a few years so I don't think we were "playing"

My mom and her boyfriend have lived together for 33 years....most people they know there age that got married are divorced now so they dont seem to be playing.

I personally don't judge others relationships soley on whether or not tht are married. I mean there are planty of gay couples that would like to be married and are forced to "play house" and I don't think that makes their relationship anyless valid.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured