Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you're "playing house"

Posted by   + Show Post
99% of the time your relationship won't be taken seriously by anyone unless they are also playing house

(As in unmarried couples living together with their children)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Replies (41-50):
lilbit53009
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

lmao

you're talking about 2 differnt things. i've been with my SO for 9 years, lived together for 7, and we have a 3.5yo. he lives in a home with 2 stable, working, loving parents. can you tell me how his life is different than your childs life and how it affects your kids future?

Quoting Anonymous:

People always say how other people live their lives doesn't affect their lives, but it DOES.

People living together instead of getting married has created an unstable society. Yes, that does affect my life and my kids' future. Living together without marriage and having kids without a father in the house is tearing the fabric of our society apart.

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Quoting audreesmama:

I don't care either way. I'm married and don't disrespect those that aren't. An unmarried, committed relationship is just as valid as mine.

I agree.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Emilytrademark
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:26 PM

lol all statistics are refutable.

Quoting April620:

My statistics are irrefutable

BabyFruit Ticker
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this
If he isn't putting a ring on it after x amount of years he's never going to.
mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:27 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't want to come off like a bitch here, but I'm not sure how else to say it. Britney Spears next day annulment and Kim ks 70 whatever day marriage and all the infidelity of prominent married people are going much worse things to our society, IMO, than couples who live together for 20 plus years and raise happy, productive, well-adjusted members of society.

Quoting Anonymous:

People always say how other people live their lives doesn't affect their lives, but it DOES.

People living together instead of getting married has created an unstable society. Yes, that does affect my life and my kids' future. Living together without marriage and having kids without a father in the house is tearing the fabric of our society apart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:28 PM
What is your definition of Playing House?
MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:28 PM

This. I am young, unwed, I cook, clean, and take care of my family. And I enjoy it very much. If other people think that it is a show..whatever. I feel good at the end of the day.

Quoting sophiasmommy27:

as a woman "playing house", I'd like to say, I really don't care of you think my relationship is valid or if you take it seriously.
why would anyone give a fuck what anyone thinks?!?!

Anonymous
1 mom liked this

i dont care who takes my relationship seriously.  19 years and counting makes it serious to me, and im sure our kids (12 & 6) take our relationship seriously.  ours are the only opinions that matter to me.

Anonymous
1 mom liked this
I love when people are "engaged" for years and years...and years and years. Ha. What a joke!
Quoting Anonymous:

This is a HUGE reason why people shack up but let the defensive welfare recipients tell you different.

Quoting Anonymous:

But if they get married they won't be able to get welfare!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Armywifeholcomb
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Was living with DH for 2 years. We wanted to be sure we could both handle it before just jumping into marriage. He had 4 teenagers, I had a toddler when we got together. We have a son together. We just made it official in December. I didn't care what other people thought, I still considered his daughters my SDs and mine his. The only thing it's changed is my last name and I and my DD got his insurance.
Whether people are married or not is in No Way anybody else's business. I'm glad I had lived with DD's dad and never married, it made it easier to leave when I figured out it wasn't going to work. I was sure and so was DH when we got married, and we both want to make it work and be happy, so I don't doubt it will.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)