Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If God hates no one, why do *some* Christians?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies
4 moms liked this

I'm a Christian myself and I just don't understand...

If a person is Gay, A different race and/or religion, an unwed mother...What does that matter to (general) you? Isn't God the only one who is supposed to judge?

ETA:

Furthermore, if Christians believe that God created everyone and everything did "we" ever stop to think that maybe he created the differences in all of us to teach us more understanding and acceptance?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:10 PM
3 moms liked this

Yet another reason I am not a fan of organized religion

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:10 PM
3 moms liked this

i'm christian and have no problem with gay people, different races or unwed mothers.  the only people i judge are the people who wear tweety bird t-shirts & pink sweatpants to the grocery store.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Pink and yellow...oh noes! haha

Quoting almondpigeon:

i'm christian and have no problem with gay people, different races or unwed mothers.  the only people i judge are the people who wear tweety bird t-shirts & pink sweatpants to the grocery store.

SuperJo
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:12 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm Christian, and I hate noone... Unless they hurt children. I hate pedos and child abusers. I feel that's reasonable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
T-HoneyLuv
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:12 PM
4 moms liked this
Please do not put me in the same category as the extremist, hateful, ignorant folks who do the work of the devil by hiding behind the bible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Please do not put me in the same category as the extremist, hateful, ignorant folks who do the work of the devil by hiding behind the bible.

Thank you.

alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Yes, but we are human and to be human is to judge/hate/and fear difference's. Not saying that it is right, just that it's a fact of being human. I have never understood it though. Jesus himself ate and kept company with the prostitutes, the gamblers, the alcoholics, the thieves, etc. and yet 'we' feel as though we can not talk or be associated with them because they will taint our own faith. I believe that those are the people we need to reach out to the most, not condemn but help.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this

There are standards God has given us to live by, if you don't follow those standards then people are going to call you on it.  It's like anything in this world, suck it up and move on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
It says in the Bible that we are to love one another and not to judge. As humans, we do judge and not always love one another.
T-HoneyLuv
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:16 PM
You are very welcome :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Thank you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN