Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If God hates no one, why do *some* Christians?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm a Christian myself and I just don't understand...

If a person is Gay, A different race and/or religion, an unwed mother...What does that matter to (general) you? Isn't God the only one who is supposed to judge?

ETA:

Furthermore, if Christians believe that God created everyone and everything did "we" ever stop to think that maybe he created the differences in all of us to teach us more understanding and acceptance?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Replies (101-110):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:06 PM

because truth is god really does hate? He sure had a lot of hate in the old testament

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Christians call it "wrath" and "smiting"

Quoting thetrollcat:

because truth is god really does hate? He sure had a lot of hate in the old testament

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:14 PM

so god has a temper problem?

Quoting Anonymous:

Christians call it "wrath" and "smiting"

Quoting thetrollcat:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Just because someone say's they are a Christian doesn't mean they are. I realize I have no right to judge if someone is or is not a Christian but the Bible does say  the world should know us by our love. ..by the fruits of the spirit which are beautiful things like peace, love, joy, kindness and so on.  

I really think the world Christian gets tossed around easily but I really have no place to judge.

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:16 PM

*grabs aquavit and popcorn* 

Happy Pagan sitting here

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Also, this is one reason I find the abrahamic faith to be complete poo... more hate than love

SavdNSanctified
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:25 PM
That's the problem. You're referring to non-christians as Christians. A true Christian doesn't hate anyone. I'm a Christian and I don't hate anyone. I don't agree with certain lifestyles, because they are sinful, but I don't say anything about it. I just pray for those people, just like I pray for myself. I still treat them nicely.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:27 PM

You dont have to hate a person to hate their actions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:31 PM

God only loves those who live exactly according to the Bible. He only loves you if you give yourself to him and accept him and his ways into your life whole heartedly. Otherwise he sends you to the fiery, blistering pits of Hell. Which is why I don't like God, he sounds like an emotionally abusive, controlling, sociopath.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Absolutely! In fact, I've told my FIL that chases people away with his ways.

Jesus set the example of being with the world but not of this world. He never condoned the misdeeds of a person, but he dealt with them with love. He mixed with the "wrong" crowd, but they were the ones who needed Him most.He was a King but acted like a servant. He is the perfect example.

There are a couple of times he showed anger....with Satan and with the money changers. He has an advantage on us, though. He knew the hearts of the people to which he was speaking. We can only guess. He was perfection epitomized. We are as imperfect as can be.

Quoting alexsmomma06:

I agree. But in order to reach those people, don't you also have to be around them?  If you come at someone screaming "You're going to hell you evil wicked person", how do you think they will react?

I attend church with a girl who is 19. She just had her first child and is not married. She works at a restaurant and while waiting on an older lady(while she was still pg) the older lady said "I see you are pregnant and unmarried. I hope you realize you are going to Hell for sining against God".  Luckily this girl had started attending church and realized that God also forgives. But for someone who is already against religion or has never been taught, that could have been the comment that sealed the deal against them ever coming to church or seeking God.

If you approach someone with kindness and understanding, you will get a lot farther than with hate and condemnation.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, and he also told them to "Go, and sin no more." He loved everyone, but He still expected them to change their sinful ways.

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Yes, but we are human and to be human is to judge/hate/and fear difference's. Not saying that it is right, just that it's a fact of being human. I have never understood it though. Jesus himself ate and kept company with the prostitutes, the gamblers, the alcoholics, the thieves, etc. and yet 'we' feel as though we can not talk or be associated with them because they will taint our own faith. I believe that those are the people we need to reach out to the most, not condemn but help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured