Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If God hates no one, why do *some* Christians?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm a Christian myself and I just don't understand...

If a person is Gay, A different race and/or religion, an unwed mother...What does that matter to (general) you? Isn't God the only one who is supposed to judge?

ETA:

Furthermore, if Christians believe that God created everyone and everything did "we" ever stop to think that maybe he created the differences in all of us to teach us more understanding and acceptance?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
Judesmom333
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Because we are all sinners
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HouseKatof2
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:17 PM
2 moms liked this

Because there are many people that practice the Christian religion - There are very few that practice Christianity.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Thank you

Quoting HouseKatof2:

Because there are many people that practice the Christian religion - There are very few that practice Christianity.  

kaiser10123
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Preach! You tell it! :) I'm still waiting for my milk and cookies

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Please do not put me in the same category as the extremist, hateful, ignorant folks who do the work of the devil by hiding behind the bible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Matthew 18, Galatians 6 are just a couple places in the Bible where we are told to point out other's sins in the hopes of bringing them back to God.

KatyTxMamma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sure you will get a lot of "we hate the sin, not the sinner" types of replies from most Christians.  The fact is, if their child is gay they turn their back on their child.  They shame their child and condemn them to hell.  I refuse to be a part of anything that would expect me to turn my back on my child simply because of who they love.  It's sick.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Pink and yellow, blind a fellow

Pink and black, you really went out looking like that?

Quoting Anonymous:

Pink and yellow...oh noes! haha

Quoting almondpigeon:

i'm christian and have no problem with gay people, different races or unwed mothers.  the only people i judge are the people who wear tweety bird t-shirts & pink sweatpants to the grocery store.

kaiser10123
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM
How I put it... God and Jesus were perfect and man was to be created in their image. But, we were given free will therefore we act as individuals and as we see fit. It's not the religion it's the person.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Yes, Jesus hung out with them, but he also taught them.  We do no one justice when we allow sinful things to go on in our midst.

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Yes, but we are human and to be human is to judge/hate/and fear difference's. Not saying that it is right, just that it's a fact of being human. I have never understood it though. Jesus himself ate and kept company with the prostitutes, the gamblers, the alcoholics, the thieves, etc. and yet 'we' feel as though we can not talk or be associated with them because they will taint our own faith. I believe that those are the people we need to reach out to the most, not condemn but help.

supercarp
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Just because someone calls themself a Christian, that doesn't mean they really follow what Christ taught. I think hardly any really do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)