Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If God hates no one, why do *some* Christians?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm a Christian myself and I just don't understand...

If a person is Gay, A different race and/or religion, an unwed mother...What does that matter to (general) you? Isn't God the only one who is supposed to judge?

ETA:

Furthermore, if Christians believe that God created everyone and everything did "we" ever stop to think that maybe he created the differences in all of us to teach us more understanding and acceptance?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:22 PM
2 moms liked this
This.

People and groups like the American Family Association, One Million Moms, and the Westboro Baptist Church do NOT represent most Christians.

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Please do not put me in the same category as the extremist, hateful, ignorant folks who do the work of the devil by hiding behind the bible.
LovelyMommy24
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Exactly what I've been saying my entire life!

ilana_ny
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Well said :-)))

Quoting almondpigeon:

i'm christian and have no problem with gay people, different races or unwed mothers.  the only people i judge are the people who wear tweety bird t-shirts & pink sweatpants to the grocery store.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Christians don't hate gays.

They think the sexual act is sinful, but we are all sinners. So not hating. Just no church marriages.

HouseKatof2
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Quoting macbudsmom:

Matthew 18, Galatians 6 are just a couple places in the Bible where we are told to point out other's sins in the hopes of bringing them back to God.

Don't forget, Matthew 7:1-5. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Agree. Jesus wants us to have love for everyone and help them per say. Even if we don't agree with they're way of life

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Yes, but we are human and to be human is to judge/hate/and fear difference's. Not saying that it is right, just that it's a fact of being human.

I have never understood it though. Jesus himself ate and kept company with the prostitutes, the gamblers, the alcoholics, the thieves, etc. and yet 'we' feel as though we can not talk or be associated with them because they will taint our own faith. I believe that those are the people we need to reach out to the most, not condemn but help.
macbudsmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:26 PM

You miss understand the verse.  We are called to recognize sinful actions and to point them out, appropriately of course, when they occur in order to help the sinner.  It is wrong when you simply judge them by their actions and do nothing to help them.

Quoting HouseKatof2:

Quoting macbudsmom:

Matthew 18, Galatians 6 are just a couple places in the Bible where we are told to point out other's sins in the hopes of bringing them back to God.

Don't forget, Matthew 7:1-5. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:27 PM
the Bible says top hate the sin not the sinner... there is a big difference!!

any one who hates anyone and uses God as there excuse to do so is wrong.

the Bible teaches to love EVERYONE....
KatyTxMamma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Most Christians do not study the bible.  When I began studying the bible, really studying it, I found it to be illogical and contradictory.  

I love that Christians always say "nobody is perfect, not even Christians" when they are challenged for a particular behavior.  Why is it not okay that non-Christians are not perfect?  Why do some Christians feel a responsibility to point out the sins of others, as someone else mentioned earlier, in an effort to "bring them back to God"?

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't categorize all Christians as the same. And true Christians read the bible and can understand it . Pick up a Bible instead of assuming you know what you're talking about...oh and Christians aren't perfect. Nobody is.. again read up on your bible and you'll understand..

KatyTxMamma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Why is my sin any concern of yours?

Quoting Anonymous:

the Bible says top hate the sin not the sinner... there is a big difference!!

any one who hates anyone and uses God as there excuse to do so is wrong.

the Bible teaches to love EVERYONE....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured