Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If God hates no one, why do *some* Christians?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm a Christian myself and I just don't understand...

If a person is Gay, A different race and/or religion, an unwed mother...What does that matter to (general) you? Isn't God the only one who is supposed to judge?

ETA:

Furthermore, if Christians believe that God created everyone and everything did "we" ever stop to think that maybe he created the differences in all of us to teach us more understanding and acceptance?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:28 PM

It is a common misconception that God loves everyone and hates no one.Here's just a few verses for starters.

Psalm 5:5

Psalm 11:5

Lev. 20:23

Prov. 6:16-19

Hosea 9:15

Look them up yourself.I don't feel like typing it all out.As for judging,there are tons of scriptures showing that we are to judge,but righteously and by the word of God.It's how we judge that we have to be careful with.

PISCIS29
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:30 PM
FINALLY a Christian I can actually TALK to! Hello I certainly agree with you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HouseKatof2
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Quoting macbudsmom:

You miss understand the verse.  We are called to recognize sinful actions and to point them out, appropriately of course, when they occur in order to help the sinner.  It is wrong when you simply judge them by their actions and do nothing to help them.

Quoting HouseKatof2:

Quoting macbudsmom:

Matthew 18, Galatians 6 are just a couple places in the Bible where we are told to point out other's sins in the hopes of bringing them back to God.

Don't forget, Matthew 7:1-5. 

And who decides that your (general you) words/behavior are "helpful"?

More often than not the "Christians" that are hell bent on saving a person from themselves actually do more to drive them farther from God than help lead them to Him.

I don't misunderstand the verse at all. Many of the "Christians" out trying to save the "sinners" are huge hypocrites that refuse to focus on their own short comings - Some how believing that their religious belief will excuse their personal behavior/actions.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Nowhere does it say we aren't supposed to judge people's actions and that God is the only one. That bit was made up by people who don't want to be told what they are doing is wrong. We are told as Christians to observe people's actions and to judge those actions, and to confront those people in love, in an attempt to bring them out of their error and help them live more in keeping with what God wants for us. We CAN and are told to judge people's actions because we can directly observe them. We are told not to make any judgements about a person's position/relationship with the Lord, however, because that exists in a person's heart and we can't know that for sure because we can't see it directly. 

And if God created everyone and everything he also created the Word, which was meant for everyone and anyone who would have it. There can be differences in peoples but the Word is the same for everyone. We are called to love and accept everyone but to not accept the bad behavior or sins that people do. So yes, the Word does tell you to accept everyone, but whether people decide to follow it or not is another issue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

It is a common misconception that God loves everyone and hates no one.Here's just a few verses for starters.

Psalm 5:5

Psalm 11:5

Lev. 20:23

Prov. 6:16-19

Hosea 9:15

Look them up yourself.I don't feel like typing it all out.As for judging,there are tons of scriptures showing that we are to judge,but righteously and by the word of God.It's how we judge that we have to be careful with.

All of your verses are from the Old Testament.

Did you forget there is a New Testament and iit shows that God sent his son Jesus Christ to die for our sins because he has unconditional love for us and didn't want to see us go to Hell for our sins? Jesus died so we could be forgiven. The ONLY unforgivable sin is denying God.

As for your judging comment

Matthew 7:1-5

Luke 6:37

James 4:11-12

Romans 2:1-3

And those are just a few. ALL New Testament verses.

macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I am sorry that that is the type of "Christians" you have come across.  Of course, they do exist, and because they are so obnoxious, those are the ones who stand out to you, but believe me most of us Christians are just like everyone else.  = )

Quoting HouseKatof2:

Quoting macbudsmom:

You miss understand the verse.  We are called to recognize sinful actions and to point them out, appropriately of course, when they occur in order to help the sinner.  It is wrong when you simply judge them by their actions and do nothing to help them.

Quoting HouseKatof2:

Quoting macbudsmom:

Matthew 18, Galatians 6 are just a couple places in the Bible where we are told to point out other's sins in the hopes of bringing them back to God.

And who decides that your (general you) words/behavior are "helpful"?

More often than not the "Christians" that are hell bent on saving a person from themselves actually do more to drive them farther from God than help lead them to Him.

I don't misunderstand the verse at all. Many of the "Christians" out trying to save the "sinners" are huge hypocrites that refuse to focus on their own short comings - Some how believing that their religious belief will excuse their personal behavior/actions.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:38 PM

And what about

Luke 6:37

James 4:11-12

Romans 2:1-3

Quoting macbudsmom:

Quoting HouseKatof2:

Quoting macbudsmom:

rhope4
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:41 PM
What some don't realize is that most people read other people more than Bibles. Actions will draw people to God faster than words and judgements. By the same token, words and actions can make our God unattractive as well. Makes me want to work on my own life more...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhope4
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:41 PM
What some don't realize is that most people read other people more than Bibles. Actions will draw people to God faster than words and judgements. By the same token, words and actions can make our God unattractive as well. Makes me want to work on my own life more...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Because humans take everything and make it what they want it to be. Human nature. To fit our need at the time. Its not right to hate or judge we r to love them and try to guide them. Not judge and turn our back on anyone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN