Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

should i ask for a refund?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I have been getting my nails done at this place religiously for at least 3 years. i get the gel nails. anyways there is this lady who works there i dont really like, she is really careless, hurts me and works too fast. i never really like how they turn out. everyone else does good and their product is strong. Well on Sunday i went to get them redone. i had the lady i dont really like doing them, well when i was done i took my son to the play area to play (the nail place is in our mall) and as i was looking at my nails i notices one was cracked and almost gonna fall off! wtf i just got them done....i didnt do anything but walk and sit down. i couldnt get them refixed right then because i had to go to work soon. so i just went in and told them. i was not happy and the tip fell completely off while showing her! how does that happen! so i got it fixed on monday. then today i noticed the side of my thumb tip is chipped off! What the hell. she obviously did a shit job cause this never has happened. i am pissed i spend 45 bucks on something i keep having to get fixed. should i get a refund or what!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Bump
mommytotwonow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:29 PM

in my experience they dont refund at least where i went for years. tom would fix them. i only let the owner and his wife do them so i dont have issues. i am super picky! manybe only use one or two people. or grow your own nails. thats what i do now and they look so much better.

leesie86
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:29 PM
If you have been going there for 3 years, obviously they know you and that you are a loyal client. If there is someone that you usually go to, talk to them first and see what they can do for you OR just talk the salon owner. Maybe they won't credit you for yor last appointment, but the next one should be on them!!! Going forward, I would try to make an appt with one of the nail techs that you like and know does good work. Don't be afraid to tell the owner that the person did a piss poor job. It's a shitty economy and they should feel privileges to have your contined business, especially since there is a nail shop at every corner.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Why don't you just request that she not do your nails in the future?
Megan11587
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I'd request a different person when you go in next time.
ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

they probably won't give you your money back, but they should offer you a new set at no cost.  however, make sure you tip your manicurist the same you would if you were paying for the service; it's not her fault her co-worker screwed up and she's got to fix it.

HaleyCovington
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Tell them about it. I would demand they fix it for free and refuse to let the lady do them again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Ugh it makes me mad i have tipped TWICE now thats another FIFTEEN dollars i have had to spend just in tips now i have to go tip again today!? i am NOT happy. i will probably go somewhre else if i cant get a credit

Quoting ff-princess:

they probably won't give you your money back, but they should offer you a new set at no cost.  however, make sure you tip your manicurist the same you would if you were paying for the service; it's not her fault her co-worker screwed up and she's got to fix it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Ya i definately will. i guess i am just too nice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you just request that she not do your nails in the future?

LovelyMommy24
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I would demand a refund and switch places. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)