Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Calling all Mama's that have had a cortisone shot/ CM doctors..*PIC

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies

I

I got a cortisone shot a few months ago for my back pain and a week or so after the shot I noticed that I was bruising around the shot area.

The "bruise" slowly started sinking and now it looks like a huge dent. I went to the doctor and he said he didn't know exactly what it was but I've been doing some research and I read something that said the cortisone shot can dissovle the fat under the skin and the only way to fix it is to go to a plastic surgeon and have them take fat from somewhere else. 

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or even knows if it's possible.  

The "bruise" on my back, right above my butt. 

And yes, that's my sleepy baby in the background lmao

Please BUMP for some help! 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:32 PM

BUMP

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:32 PM

That is not anything I have ever seen before. I  did not know it could happen. My sister gets those shots on occasion for back problems. Scary!

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I've had those same shots before. Never had that. Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Luckily it doesn't hurt. And from what I've read it's really rare. But I found it really strange that the doctor that gave me the shot didn't know what it was. 

Quoting Thelmama:

That is not anything I have ever seen before. I  did not know it could happen. My sister gets those shots on occasion for back problems. Scary!

HaleyCovington
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:35 PM
I got one in my hip about 2 months ago... I think they messed you up girl. I didn't even really bruise that much.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM

holy cow!  i worked in an orthopaedic office for 10+ years.  cort injections were given to a huge percentage of our patients & i've never even heard of that happening.  did your doc act interested in helping you?  were you made aware that this was a potential effect? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM

This is the second one I've had and the first one didn't do anything. Luckily I got surgery so I don't have to worry about it any more

Quoting HaleyCovington:

I got one in my hip about 2 months ago... I think they messed you up girl. I didn't even really bruise that much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:38 PM

He said that if it doesn't hurt then it shouldn't be anything to worry about and it wasn't on the consent form at all. Well, bruising was but this has been there since last July and it's caved in. 

Quoting almondpigeon:

holy cow!  i worked in an orthopaedic office for 10+ years.  cort injections were given to a huge percentage of our patients & i've never even heard of that happening.  did your doc act interested in helping you?  were you made aware that this was a potential effect? 

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Yes, doctors don't know everything they should. They once gave my son a treatment that you should not give a child with peanut allergy. They caught it on the pediatrics floor because I asked about a reaction my son was having.  The respiratory therapist up there knew and it was i the record he was allergic to peanuts. My son ended up in ICU for 6 days. It was awful. I was just glad my son made it through it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Luckily it doesn't hurt. And from what I've read it's really rare. But I found it really strange that the doctor that gave me the shot didn't know what it was. 

Quoting Thelmama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Crazy!! I would keep researching and lookin for answers. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN