Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teen mom's - Catylynn and Tyler

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just saw the episode where Catylynn and Tyler see their daughter with her adoptive parents for the first time in a year since her birth. I just cried like a baby! 

Have you seen it? Was it extremely sad to you?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Replies (31-40):
JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Your opinion is your opinion. I enjoy watching Catelynn & Tyler go through everyday things. If you don't like it, change it during their segment just as I do for Amber.

Quoting Anonymous:

No! How are they going to film anything worth airing with her being in prison????? They can't!

*Theres Amber's window and these are the doors to the jail*

That was a short segment.

Quoting JBiiirdD:

I suppose Amber shouldn't be in it either considering she's sitting in the local jail right now then, huh?

Quoting Anonymous:

I knew someone would come around and make it all about them.

I did say that they did the right thing but honestly no one gives a shit how many times his dad goes back to jail and her mom freaks out from what's obviously withdrawal or their relationship issues. It's not the Caitlynn and Tyler Show its Teen MOM! Ok we see them graduate. Ok good job. They keep in touch like the open adoption said they could. Alrighty. She gets upset because he goes out. Umm... There's no child in the picture chill the hell out. They chose that decision and it was for the best and they are doing better than they would with a baby. Scene over. Uggghhh.

Quoting JBiiirdD:

You know, I'm going to speak as an adopted child & say: What an asshole thing to say. I think it's nice to see how they deal emotionally with their tough choice to have their daughter adopted. I like knowing there are some parents who gave their little ones up for adoption who care enough to want to keep involved in their life. I didn't have that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish they would just move on from that couple. They grew up, their parents are jackasses, yada yada yada. It's Teen Mom. They gave up their kid for adoption. Good for them since they knew they wouldn't be able to bring her up and support her but seriously their portion in every episode is their life not their life as parents.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Lol, I skip amber and enjoy c&t as well, but her reply was kind of funny

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Your opinion is your opinion. I enjoy watching Catelynn & Tyler go through everyday things. If you don't like it, change it during their segment just as I do for Amber.

Quoting Anonymous:

No! How are they going to film anything worth airing with her being in prison????? They can't!

Quoting JBiiirdD:

I suppose Amber shouldn't be in it either considering she's sitting in the local jail right now then, huh?

Quoting Anonymous:

I did say that they did the right thing but honestly no one gives a shit how many times his dad goes back to jail and her mom freaks out from what's obviously withdrawal or their relationship issues. It's not the Caitlynn and Tyler Show its Teen MOM! Ok we see them graduate. Ok good job. They keep in touch like the open adoption said they could. Alrighty. She gets upset because he goes out. Umm... There's no child in the picture chill the hell out. They chose that decision and it was for the best and they are doing better than they would with a baby. Scene over. Uggghhh.

Quoting JBiiirdD:

You know, I'm going to speak as an adopted child & say: What an asshole thing to say. I think it's nice to see how they deal emotionally with their tough choice to have their daughter adopted. I like knowing there are some parents who gave their little ones up for adoption who care enough to want to keep involved in their life. I didn't have that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish they would just move on from that couple. They grew up, their parents are jackasses, yada yada yada. It's Teen Mom. They gave up their kid for adoption. Good for them since they knew they wouldn't be able to bring her up and support her but seriously their portion in every episode is their life not their life as parents.

ArisMom208
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I think it was pretty selfish of them to give up their kid when they could have taken care of her with all that $$ they were making from a tv series they only made it on because of their kid.

i bet anything their daughter didn't see 1 dime of any of the money they made off mtv

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I think their daughter is going to be happier with her adoptive grandparents and extended family than with cay and Ty. Safer too

Quoting ArisMom208:

I think it was pretty selfish of them to give up their kid when they could have taken care of her with all that $$ they were making from a tv series they only made it on because of their kid.

i bet anything their daughter didn't see 1 dime of any of the money they made off mtv

JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I forgot to answer your question: Yes, I cried. I didn't meet my birth mother 'til I was 18 so to see that hit pretty hard. Very cool though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, I skip amber and enjoy c&t as well, but her reply was kind of funny

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tonijustine
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Um, no. Adoption isn't co-parenting or temporary custody or guardianship. Having a place in her life is a good thing..."getting her back when they are ready" would be disruptive if it were even possible. If they did that now , it would be considered abduction.  

Maybe that is the purpose of their continued presence on this show. They made a parenting decision to place Carly for adoption. No mater what happens after that, they live with that decision every day because it is final and permanent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Catelynn and Tyler are heros. they shold totally get their duaghter back when they are ready. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I'm so glad i will never do adoption. either way they are definitely my fave couple.

Quoting tonijustine:

Um, no. Adoption isn't co-parenting or temporary custody or guardianship. Having a place in her life is a good thing..."getting her back when they are ready" would be disruptive if it were even possible. If they did that now , it would be considered abduction.  

Maybe that is the purpose of their continued presence on this show. They made a parenting decision to place Carly for adoption. No mater what happens after that, they live with that decision every day because it is final and permanent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Catelynn and Tyler are heros. they shold totally get their duaghter back when they are ready. 

bugsmama149
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Yea, I teared up. I really like those two. They are a couple of the only ones on those shows who have their heads on straight.

yikesitsmindy
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:05 PM

ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?! she was ADOPTED. It is not a loaner program. They gave up parental rights... I am glad they did the right think for their daughter, but it seems like some young people think they are going to be parents to the children they give up one day when that is not the case. If your biological child is calling someone else mommy and daddy and those people are physically, emotionally, and financially supporting that child, you cease to be a parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I agree. Even though they are my favorite couple on the show, taking Carly back would be a serious mistake. She's in a healthy, happy family and shouldn't be removed from the only real parents she's ever known.

Quoting yikesitsmindy:

ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?! she was ADOPTED. It is not a loaner program. They gave up parental rights... I am glad they did the right think for their daughter, but it seems like some young people think they are going to be parents to the children they give up one day when that is not the case. If your biological child is calling someone else mommy and daddy and those people are physically, emotionally, and financially supporting that child, you cease to be a parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)