Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen mom's - Catylynn and Tyler

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just saw the episode where Catylynn and Tyler see their daughter with her adoptive parents for the first time in a year since her birth. I just cried like a baby! 

Have you seen it? Was it extremely sad to you?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Replies (41-50):
krazykiddles
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I am adopted as well and I only wish that more mom's would see how adoption/keeping the baby/or abortion all has different sacrifices and challenges.  I was a take apon birth order as soon as I was well enough (along with my twin) we were put into the foster program and got real lucky to have the parents we have now.  I met my birth mother and I only wish that she would have made better choices even after we were gone, but some moms were never meant to be that way in the first place!  They are making choices now that their bio-daughter will see and can be proud of.  If you haven't experienced any kind of adoption situation you have a dimmed view on the whole experience. 

Quoting JBiiirdD:

You know, I'm going to speak as an adopted child & say: What an asshole thing to say. I think it's nice to see how they deal emotionally with their tough choice to have their daughter adopted. I like knowing there are some parents who gave their little ones up for adoption who care enough to want to keep involved in their life. I didn't have that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish they would just move on from that couple. They grew up, their parents are jackasses, yada yada yada. It's Teen Mom. They gave up their kid for adoption. Good for them since they knew they wouldn't be able to bring her up and support her but seriously their portion in every episode is their life not their life as parents.

JBiiirdD
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Exactly. It almost seems as though those who have no experience with adoption are the most critical of the two.

Quoting krazykiddles:

I am adopted as well and I only wish that more mom's would see how adoption/keeping the baby/or abortion all has different sacrifices and challenges.  I was a take apon birth order as soon as I was well enough (along with my twin) we were put into the foster program and got real lucky to have the parents we have now.  I met my birth mother and I only wish that she would have made better choices even after we were gone, but some moms were never meant to be that way in the first place!  They are making choices now that their bio-daughter will see and can be proud of.  If you haven't experienced any kind of adoption situation you have a dimmed view on the whole experience. 

Quoting JBiiirdD:

You know, I'm going to speak as an adopted child & say: What an asshole thing to say. I think it's nice to see how they deal emotionally with their tough choice to have their daughter adopted. I like knowing there are some parents who gave their little ones up for adoption who care enough to want to keep involved in their life. I didn't have that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish they would just move on from that couple. They grew up, their parents are jackasses, yada yada yada. It's Teen Mom. They gave up their kid for adoption. Good for them since they knew they wouldn't be able to bring her up and support her but seriously their portion in every episode is their life not their life as parents.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
krazykiddles
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I was adopted and my nephews were adopted, since my sister wouldn't let anyone in the family adopt she found a family that could.  It was a very hard decision for her as I am sure it is for most women.  I cannot see it being an easy choice or an easy way out.  You always wonder as does the child/children involved what may have been.

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Exactly. It almost seems as though those who have no experience with adoption are the most critical of the two.

Quoting krazykiddles:

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Quoting Anonymous:

JBiiirdD
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM
My birth mother actually had my half sister a year after she had me, but kept my birth sister. Imagine the type of things discussed in therapy. :-/

Quoting krazykiddles:

I was adopted and my nephews were adopted, since my sister wouldn't let anyone in the family adopt she found a family that could.  It was a very hard decision for her as I am sure it is for most women.  I cannot see it being an easy choice or an easy way out.  You always wonder as does the child/children involved what may have been.

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Quoting krazykiddles:

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Quoting Anonymous:

krazykiddles
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I have a half-sister and what happened to her (I don't know) was the reason we were taken apon birth.  Life is ever changing and one decision affects more than one person.  Do you know your birth sister?

Quoting JBiiirdD:

My birth mother actually had my half sister a year after she had me, but kept my birth sister. Imagine the type of things discussed in therapy. :-/

Quoting krazykiddles:

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Quoting krazykiddles:

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Quoting Anonymous:

JBiiirdD
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Half* (Lord...my spelling & brain this evening) sister. Yeah, I know her. We're not friends nor are we close. I'm closer to my "baby" sister though. She & I talk sometimes on FB.

Quoting krazykiddles:

I have a half-sister and what happened to her (I don't know) was the reason we were taken apon birth.  Life is ever changing and one decision affects more than one person.  Do you know your birth sister?

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Quoting krazykiddles:

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Quoting krazykiddles:

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Quoting Anonymous:

krazykiddles
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I can see where that would be difficult, remember she didn't chose the circumstances that she was born into either.  I have to keep telling myself that also.

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Half* (Lord...my spelling & brain this evening) sister. Yeah, I know her. We're not friends nor are we close. I'm closer to my "baby" sister though. She & I talk sometimes on FB.

Quoting krazykiddles:

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Quoting krazykiddles:

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Quoting krazykiddles:

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Quoting Anonymous:

JBiiirdD
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:38 PM
That's the hardest part I think, knowing she kept my sister & not me. What type of baby was I that you couldn't keep me? I met my maternal grandmother about three years ago or so & she told me she encouraged my mother to keep me & she would help, she still gave me up.

Quoting krazykiddles:

I can see where that would be difficult, remember she didn't chose the circumstances that she was born into either.  I have to keep telling myself that also.

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Quoting krazykiddles:

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Quoting krazykiddles:

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Quoting krazykiddles:

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Quoting Anonymous:

tonijustine
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I hope you never feel you have to.

I like them too. They seem to have the most mature outlook of all the Season 1 parents, though admittedly, that wouldn't be terribly hard.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so glad i will never do adoption. either way they are definitely my fave couple.

Quoting tonijustine:

Um, no. Adoption isn't co-parenting or temporary custody or guardianship. Having a place in her life is a good thing..."getting her back when they are ready" would be disruptive if it were even possible. If they did that now , it would be considered abduction.  

Maybe that is the purpose of their continued presence on this show. They made a parenting decision to place Carly for adoption. No mater what happens after that, they live with that decision every day because it is final and permanent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Catelynn and Tyler are heros. they shold totally get their duaghter back when they are ready. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

What!? That show is full of maturity!

wait.....

Quoting tonijustine:

I hope you never feel you have to.

I like them too. They seem to have the most mature outlook of all the Season 1 parents, though admittedly, that wouldn't be terribly hard.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so glad i will never do adoption. either way they are definitely my fave couple.

Quoting tonijustine:

Um, no. Adoption isn't co-parenting or temporary custody or guardianship. Having a place in her life is a good thing..."getting her back when they are ready" would be disruptive if it were even possible. If they did that now , it would be considered abduction.  

Maybe that is the purpose of their continued presence on this show. They made a parenting decision to place Carly for adoption. No mater what happens after that, they live with that decision every day because it is final and permanent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Catelynn and Tyler are heros. they shold totally get their duaghter back when they are ready. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured