Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen mom's - Catylynn and Tyler

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just saw the episode where Catylynn and Tyler see their daughter with her adoptive parents for the first time in a year since her birth. I just cried like a baby! 

Have you seen it? Was it extremely sad to you?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Replies (61-64):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:48 AM

That's what an open adoption is.

if the adoptive parents didn't want it, they could have waited for another child whose bio parents wanted a closed adoption

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

What happened when they saw her?  I think they are a great couple and commend them for how they have handled themselves.  But I also think they are way too intertwined still with the daughter and her parents.  If I were the adoptive parents, I would be ready to pull back and not have so much contact.  There have been times where they've almost given the impression they still think of themselves as parents of her as much as her adoptive parents are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM

That's true. I would hate to see how Leah is when she is 16

Quoting Anonymous:

Gary is just as bad as Amber, but at least his mom steps up and cares for Leah while Amber is in prison and Gary is doing nothing with himself.

Catelynn has recently lost a bunch of weight and is looking good!! I'm proud of her. I'm glad they gave up Carly. Did you see how Butch pretty much busted April's skull open on the last season? My goodness. Trash!

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't stand her! She's a bad mom and horrible to Gary and the. Blames it on her bi-polar. I have bi-polar disorder and have never even yelled at our son and would never dream of hitting my husband!

Quoting Alexx88:

Yea amber is an idiot. I've watched all of the seasons and she doesn't get any better.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know! I have to fast forward past amber because her "mothering" makes me so mad, but I love watching these two!!

Quoting Alexx88:

It was sooo sad! I cried lol but they are amazing for doing what they did :-)

mom2ljh
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
They're showing the struggle it is to give a child for adoption. Kudos to the show for not always glamorizing teen pregnancy.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish they would just move on from that couple. They grew up, their parents are jackasses, yada yada yada. It's Teen Mom. They gave up their kid for adoption. Good for them since they knew they wouldn't be able to bring her up and support her but seriously their portion in every episode is their life not their life as parents.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Also, the adoptive parents CAN close the adoption at any time. They are not legally required to continue contact. It speaks volumes about them as well that they continue to allow contact.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what an open adoption is.

if the adoptive parents didn't want it, they could have waited for another child whose bio parents wanted a closed adoption

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

What happened when they saw her?  I think they are a great couple and commend them for how they have handled themselves.  But I also think they are way too intertwined still with the daughter and her parents.  If I were the adoptive parents, I would be ready to pull back and not have so much contact.  There have been times where they've almost given the impression they still think of themselves as parents of her as much as her adoptive parents are.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured