Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i want to get a haircut, i have 3+ft long hair, but i still cant get rid of my dandruff its too embarressing

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

ive tried alot to get rid of it, my hair is 3 feet long its actually  pretty and healthy looking i dont know how though, probably because its literally always up in a bun after i wash it, but with such dandruff i dont see why its healthy,

but i cant take care of it with a baby, its all one layer and too long in my face and hes pulling it, it gets caught on everything, it needs to go!

ive had dandruff since i was a teen, tried to wash it more than usual, tried less, tried using different shampoos and different conditioners, dandruff stuff; selsun blue, head and shoulders, cheap head and shoulders, T-gel, a dandruff stuff thats medicated and made more for psoriasis on the scalp, i used them all dilidently and didnt stop using it til it was gone but still no better results.. i really want to cut my hair so its easier to manage but holy hell the salon would hate it and i would feel so uncomfortable knowing that yes its bad

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Tigress22304
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:04 PM

bullshit

Go get it cut-tell them you have a dandruff issue that will NOT clear up.

My sister is 19-only got her hair cut 5x her ENTIRE LIFE. When she decided to snip,snip-she told the lady-I got a rat's nest/dandruff/knots and tangles I can't get rid of-but i wanna cut my hair off.

(she donated over 4ft of hair to locks of love) and got herself a nice mohawk :)

Since she got her hair cut off-I'm not sure what she's doing differently but the dandruff is nearly gone.

Honey-they are hair experts-I'm sure they can help you in someway. Good luck!

babycarney08
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Have you gone to a dermatologist? It could b something diff than dandruff. Are you making sure your scalp is rinsed of the shampoo? My grandmother use to use mayo. Idk how that would work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SterlingHeart
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:06 PM

if you are upfront and tell them your situation - they will probably be more than kind and helpful 

BrittMom2B
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Try coconut oil for the dandruff!

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I'm sure they will be able to work with you. The length and amount of hair could be exacerbating your problem.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Mayo is a great moisturizer for the hair.  It's loaded with eggs, which restores shine and softness to the hair.

OP, you could donate a lot of hair to the Locks Of Love program.

ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:12 PM
I'd suggest donating to wigs for kids instead., they don't charge recipients for the wigs.
But, go in. if you feel it will take a haircut to clear it up, then go.

I had dandruff and street I quit using shampoos for dandruff, it finally went away. I also really try to scrub my scalp, and shower every other day,(summer is more but not eating hair).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)