Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Disappointed (will probably be bashed but who cares)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We have 3 children. We wanted to home school, but knew that I had to be honest with myself and my inability to put together a curriculum, and help my children grow. 

So we opted for online education. 

We started with K12 with the CAVA. We already have a computer, but they sent us a computer to use as well. It was refurbished, clean, like new, and worked great. 

but we were unhappy with the curiculum, as it was moving too quickly and not flexible enough for my middle son. 

So this year we opted for Connections Academy instead. 

Everything with this school is great. Flexible enough for my middle son to take longer on lessons, but will still allow my youngest to move ahead (he is excelling) 

BUT. 

I am disappointed in the fact that we sent back the great computer from k12, to be sent a VERY crappy computer to use from connections academy. 

They are all used, and refurbished. thats fine. i love that idea. saves everyone money. 

but these are FILTHY. the keyboard is filled with crumbs and crap. the computer tower is full of dust, the screen has finger prints all over it. 

I called, thinking maybe it was a mistake. but no. they said thats what all the computers are like. 

thankfully our materials are not used. 

and the computer works. 

im sure someone will say im being ungrateful. 

but i am grateful. and we have a computer. we dont NEED this. but they sent it anyway by default.

i am simply disappointed. 

Just to clear it up, I already cleaned it up the best I could (tower is locked) 

And to the one person who commented, you are right, I cant spell curriculum without the help of spell checker. So sorry. Hence the reason I don't want to 100% traditionally home school my children. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Unfortunately ladies, I cannot clean it as they lock the tower. 

But thanks for the advice that I already thought of myself! 

stephiebugg
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Get a can of air and clean it. Takes no time at all.

Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:26 PM
So clean it. It will take 30 minutes max and be a great learning opportunity to teach your kids how and why you need to take care of computers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stephiebugg
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Don't clean the tower then, clean the keyboard. When the computer dies because of all the dust and crap inside the tower, send it back. Won't they send you another?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:33 PM

You could clean the keyboard and the screen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I am going to clean what i can. The point is i shouldnt have to. its unprofessional of them to take a computer that one family was using for a year, and then send it to someone else, without cleaning it. 

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:32 PM

That's rather unprofessional that they told you all their computers are like that. I have heard other people say the computer they received from Connections wasn't as nice as the computer they received doing K12.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Then go out and spend YOUR money and  buy a brand new computer. 

As easy as that sounds, with only public schools, they want you to use their issued computers. They have everything already preinstalled and ready to go for your student.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Then clean the keyboard and suck it up or use your own.

Quoting Anonymous:

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:36 PM

so you are required to use the computer they send you?  that sucks...

i have Macs in my house, and if i was to do that, i wouldnt want my kids to learn on a PC... PCs suck ass... no offense PC users... 

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Anonymous:

Then go out and spend YOUR money and  buy a brand new computer. 

As easy as that sounds, with only public schools, they want you to use their issued computers. They have everything already preinstalled and ready to go for your student.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN