Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Disappointed (will probably be bashed but who cares)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We have 3 children. We wanted to home school, but knew that I had to be honest with myself and my inability to put together a curriculum, and help my children grow. 

So we opted for online education. 

We started with K12 with the CAVA. We already have a computer, but they sent us a computer to use as well. It was refurbished, clean, like new, and worked great. 

but we were unhappy with the curiculum, as it was moving too quickly and not flexible enough for my middle son. 

So this year we opted for Connections Academy instead. 

Everything with this school is great. Flexible enough for my middle son to take longer on lessons, but will still allow my youngest to move ahead (he is excelling) 

BUT. 

I am disappointed in the fact that we sent back the great computer from k12, to be sent a VERY crappy computer to use from connections academy. 

They are all used, and refurbished. thats fine. i love that idea. saves everyone money. 

but these are FILTHY. the keyboard is filled with crumbs and crap. the computer tower is full of dust, the screen has finger prints all over it. 

I called, thinking maybe it was a mistake. but no. they said thats what all the computers are like. 

thankfully our materials are not used. 

and the computer works. 

im sure someone will say im being ungrateful. 

but i am grateful. and we have a computer. we dont NEED this. but they sent it anyway by default.

i am simply disappointed. 

Just to clear it up, I already cleaned it up the best I could (tower is locked) 

And to the one person who commented, you are right, I cant spell curriculum without the help of spell checker. So sorry. Hence the reason I don't want to 100% traditionally home school my children. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
Allebas
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:38 PM

LOL!! LOL!! Your comment made me LOL!! Thank you!!!! :)

Quoting anyotherday:

It takes what, 15 minutes, to clean a computer? HO_LY_COW.. that's a loooong time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I'd be disappointed as well. It's not the same as being ungrateful.  

OP never said she wasn't going to clean it so stfu about that.  It has nothing to do with her post.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Since it has all the necessary programs all you have to really do is plug everything in and it's ready to use. They make it the easiest for the parents.

It's not like that's the only computer they can ever use. You could always teach them to use the Mac on their own time in addition to the Windows PC they'd be learning on. That way they could learn both. They may not always have access to a Mac at school (thinking more along the lines of colleges)

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

so you are required to use the computer they send you?  that sucks...

i have Macs in my house, and if i was to do that, i wouldnt want my kids to learn on a PC... PCs suck ass... no offense PC users... 

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Anonymous:

Then go out and spend YOUR money and  buy a brand new computer. 

As easy as that sounds, with only public schools, they want you to use their issued computers. They have everything already preinstalled and ready to go for your student.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:43 PM

As funny as it is, the OP really shouldn't have to be the one to clean it. The school shouldn't send computers with crumbs in the keyboards and such. That's a gross oversite on their part.

Quoting Allebas:

LOL!! LOL!! Your comment made me LOL!! Thank you!!!! :)

Quoting anyotherday:

It takes what, 15 minutes, to clean a computer? HO_LY_COW.. that's a loooong time. 

HippiePotPie279
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:44 PM

lol....I know right? Some people..smh

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

So clean it!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Just clean it. whats the big deal?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I don't think you could homeschool your kids. Who would teach them spelling?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Why so hostile? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Then clean the keyboard and suck it up or use your own.

Quoting Anonymous:

Unfortunately ladies, I cannot clean it as they lock the tower. 

But thanks for the advice that I already thought of myself! 

wildlilacs
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:49 PM
I can understand your disapointment. Its common sense as well as common courtesy to send you a clean machine. Who ever incharge needs to have a talking to to the one who works the warehouse.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
skittlefart
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Donno what to say. Ours was brand new when I was in the program. Slow ass computer though...

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 2 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)