Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Disappointed (will probably be bashed but who cares)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We have 3 children. We wanted to home school, but knew that I had to be honest with myself and my inability to put together a curriculum, and help my children grow. 

So we opted for online education. 

We started with K12 with the CAVA. We already have a computer, but they sent us a computer to use as well. It was refurbished, clean, like new, and worked great. 

but we were unhappy with the curiculum, as it was moving too quickly and not flexible enough for my middle son. 

So this year we opted for Connections Academy instead. 

Everything with this school is great. Flexible enough for my middle son to take longer on lessons, but will still allow my youngest to move ahead (he is excelling) 

BUT. 

I am disappointed in the fact that we sent back the great computer from k12, to be sent a VERY crappy computer to use from connections academy. 

They are all used, and refurbished. thats fine. i love that idea. saves everyone money. 

but these are FILTHY. the keyboard is filled with crumbs and crap. the computer tower is full of dust, the screen has finger prints all over it. 

I called, thinking maybe it was a mistake. but no. they said thats what all the computers are like. 

thankfully our materials are not used. 

and the computer works. 

im sure someone will say im being ungrateful. 

but i am grateful. and we have a computer. we dont NEED this. but they sent it anyway by default.

i am simply disappointed. 

Just to clear it up, I already cleaned it up the best I could (tower is locked) 

And to the one person who commented, you are right, I cant spell curriculum without the help of spell checker. So sorry. Hence the reason I don't want to 100% traditionally home school my children. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Replies (41-41):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I dont know what to tell ya. we signed up this year, and it came with all our books and supplies. 

Quoting Anonymous:

CA does not just send one by default. You have to request one. I know my children have attended CA for 5 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe you missed it when I said we already have a computer of our own, but they sent us one by default. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why choose an online education option for your children if you can't provide the basics they  need yourself? A computer is a basic need for an online education. Provide your own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)