Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know anyone who "disappeared"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've been watching cold case files, disappeared, basically any crime show. I'm wondering how often people go missing and are actually never found, or are actually found alive after years. 

Bump and share your story if you have one

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (311-320):
nathansmommy331
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:05 AM
Yes. My brothers best friend went missing and was missing for months.
His body was later found, dead, in a creek.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 58 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:08 AM

One of my cousin's disappeared in our home country. They say he was picked up and killed by a rival gang who disposed of the body in such a clever way he hasn't been found almost 6 years later. We're not exactly sure he's even dead. It's sad and I met him once about 3-4 months before he vanished.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 59 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:09 AM
Thankfully I don't, I can't imagine being a parent with a missing child, my heart and prayers go out to them.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:10 AM

There's still a bunch of people that disappeared with a guy named Kim. I can't think of his last name, but he is a Cult leader. Most of the people disappeared from here in Co. Their houses were still full of furniture and cars were in the garages, but the people just disappeared! This happened about 8-10 years ago and they've still never found them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 59 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:10 AM
That's so sad, I can't imagine ever being in her shoes.

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

My friend melodye had her 3 year old son disappear from daycare.She just released a book called Jeremy's cry on amazon. Greatttttt book.
ms.momo3
by Chrissy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:12 AM
A girl in my girl scout troop was kidnapped by her dad. They never found them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 60 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:16 AM
1 mom liked this
My grandpa. He was abducted once and kept alive, barely, in an old well type structure. The guys robbed him and then kept him for his ss checks. He was able to escape once and made it back to us. Never found the guys that did it. Then it happened again, I believe it's been about 4 years now, we have no clue if he's dead or alive. Since my mom passed we haven't been able to get any info out of his sister, personally I believe she had something to do with it. I did do a missing persons report, but it never went anywhere. :(

To clear up any questions, he's not my bio grandpa, he took to my mom like his own daughter when she first moved here and has been there every since. He never had any bio children of his own, but my parents moved here over 30 years ago, so he was my grandpa for all I care. I still love him and hope to see him again one day
Mommie2Kailen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:18 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 61 on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:19 AM

Yes, my cousin disappeared for almost a week. She had dropped her kids off where they belonged for the day and was supposed to meet someone for coffee. Her car was found the same day and we had search parties looking with no luck... She finally showed up a few days later, completely out of sorts and claiming amnesia... The last thing she claims to remember was when she was around 14. Not even a week later, the formal charges were filed against her for embezzlement and more. She still claims amnesia and was found incompetent to stand trial. I feel sorry for her kids more than anything...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN