Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you know anyone who "disappeared"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've been watching cold case files, disappeared, basically any crime show. I'm wondering how often people go missing and are actually never found, or are actually found alive after years. 

Bump and share your story if you have one

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (601-608):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 115 on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 116 on Apr. 5, 2017 at 2:01 PM
Why did you feel that was your only option? That is so sad that you felt so alone. I could never do that however I have a family I love so much. Obviously, you didn't.

Quoting Anonymous 30: Just out of curiosity, do they know you are safe?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's been 7 yrs. and I have not and will not contact them in my lifetime.  My child has been told I was an only child and my parents are dead

Quoting Anonymous:Have you contacted your family since? Was it recent?

Quoting Anonymous:

I was that person.  I dropped all ties and communications suddenly, and moved far away, changed my phone, email and erased my fb.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 116 on Apr. 5, 2017 at 2:05 PM
Where did this occur? How tragic. A women stays in her car while a man walks for gas. This is such a common situation and yet this poor women disappears.
tiredxthree
by Member on Apr. 5, 2017 at 2:09 PM

I worked with a girl who disappeared but was found fatally wounded a few days later.  It was someone we worked with that was found guilty of the crime.  We worked at  a security company that required federal background checks.  It was a scary time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 116 on Apr. 5, 2017 at 2:10 PM
Where did this occur? How tragic. A women stays in her car while a man walks for gas. This is such a common situation and yet this poor women disappears.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 118 on Apr. 12, 2017 at 3:12 PM
Laura Smither was my best friend. Unfortunately they found her murdered
xixCandyxix
by Candy on Apr. 12, 2017 at 3:13 PM
There was a teen my age, where my mom was from. Found her body like a year later. Some older teens literally drowned her in the river for being the town whore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 119 on Apr. 12, 2017 at 9:52 PM
I was 16 when I had my first part time job. Got off at 9:30 pm.

I was walking alone to the subway when a man exposed himself to me and tried to grab me.
I ran and never said a word.

Years later an 11 year old went missing from the same neighborhood. They eventually found her body cut up in peices, put in multiple bags and thrown in the lake.

It turned out to be the same guy that tried to grab me year's earlier. He lived in one of the houses I had to walk past.

She was raped and murdered. It was 5pm broad daylight and she wanted to walk her friend home just up the street.

I feel guilty for not reporting him when he tried to grab me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)