Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know anyone who "disappeared"?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've been watching cold case files, disappeared, basically any crime show. I'm wondering how often people go missing and are actually never found, or are actually found alive after years. 

Bump and share your story if you have one

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:02 PM
A friend of mines father disappeared for almost a year. He had dementia I guess and drove off. Wound up somewhere in virginia. Shacked up with some chick who stole his cc and car. He didn't know where he was or his name, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. Her car ran out of gas, her brother walked to the nearest service station and she stayed with the car. It is believed that somebody posing as a police officer took her. That was in 1987, she has never been heard from or found.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:04 PM
My cousin was big into drugs when I was a teenager (he was in his 20s). He disappeared, but they found his body ten years later. He had been murdered
Mrz.Anaya
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:04 PM
My cousin was missing for about 2 months. They found her buried in the desert.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Good lord that's scary

Quoting CuriousArentYa:

Yes. Her car ran out of gas, her brother walked to the nearest service station and she stayed with the car. It is believed that somebody posing as a police officer took her. That was in 1987, she has never been heard from or found.

lilbit53009
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:04 PM

this! lol 

Quoting Anonymous:

No but I wish more than a couple of people would disappear.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I was that person.  I dropped all ties and communications suddenly, and moved far away, changed my phone, email and erased my fb.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:05 PM
My mother. She never came home from work one day. She had no family, she was adopted. This was 30 years ago. She has never been found and I have no memories of her.
lilbit53009
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:05 PM

wow crazy! how'd they find him?

Quoting JakesMom712:

A friend of mines father disappeared for almost a year. He had dementia I guess and drove off. Wound up somewhere in virginia. Shacked up with some chick who stole his cc and car. He didn't know where he was or his name, etc.

TaylorBaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:05 PM

my Dh aunt. she disappeared early 80's possibly in '79. no one heard from or saw her again, they think a neighbor may have done it but have no proof. nothing ws missing from her house just her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)